Subject: proposed changes for draft-ietf-netconf-soap-06

From: Ted Goddard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:45:30 -0600

Hi All,

I would like to propose the following changes for the NETCONF SOAP
draft in the indicated sections:

Section 0

      RFC 3978 boilerplate

Section 2.4  BCP56: On the Use of HTTP as a Substrate

      It is also possible to respond to the concern on the re-use of
      port 80.  A NETCONF SOAP service SHOULD be offered over a new
      standard port for NETCONF over SOAP (over HTTP) to
      be defined as requested in the IANA considerations of this
      document.

Section 4  Security Considerations

      The IANA requested port SHOULD be used, as this provides a means
      for efficient firewall filtering during possible denial-of-service
      attacks.

Section 5  IANA Considerations

      The IANA is requested to assign TCP ports for NETCONF for SOAP
      over HTTP and SOAP over BEEP.

      The IANA is requested to place netconf-soap_1.0.wsdl in the
      IANA XML registry.

The following indicated ID-nits appear to be in error (xml2rfc
output checked with "od -c"):

tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-05.txt(452):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'elope"'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-05.txt(464):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 's:netconf:base:1.0">'

Thanks,
Ted.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>