Subject: [Netconf] Netconf-partial-lock comment/discuss

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:55:46 +0200

Hello Ralph,
In the tracker https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/3035 about the 
draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-09 you have the comment:

"Comment [2009-08-08]:

2.4.2.  <partial-unlock>

    Positive Response:
    If the device was able to satisfy the request, an <rpc-reply> is sent
    that contains an <ok> element.  A positive response MUST be sent even
    if all of the locked parts of the datastore(s) have already been
    deleted.

    Negative Response:
    If the <lock-id> parameter does not identify a lock which is owned by
    the session, an ’invalid-value’ error is returned.

Are there other ways in which the <partial-unlock> can fail?"

ANSWER: No other way, besides generic faults like access control, XML parser errors that are 
covered by RFC4741.

Can you accept this answer?
Do you have other specific failure mode in mind?

regards Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320                  email: [email-masked]