Subject: [Netconf] FW: Protocol Action: 'Partial Lock RPC for NETCONF' toProposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:57:04 +0100

Congratulations to the editors, chairs, and the whole WG for achieving
this milestone. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 5:46 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; netconf mailing list; netconf chair;
RFC Editor
Subject: [Netconf] Protocol Action: 'Partial Lock RPC for NETCONF'
toProposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Partial Lock RPC for NETCONF '
   <draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-11.t
xt

Technical Summary

The NETCONF protocol defines the lock and unlock RPCs, used to lock
entire configuration datastores. In some situations, a way to lock only
parts of a configuration datastore is required. This document defines a
capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol for locking portions
of a configuration datastore.

Working Group Summary

The working group went over several versions of the document. The
comments and reviews helped improve the document a lot and brought us to
consensus on the 7th revision of the docuemnt.

Document Quality

There are preliminary implementations of this protocol and updates to
comply with this spec are in plan. Others are planning to implement this
spec too.

Personnel

Bert Wijnen is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu is the shepherding
AD.

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:00:07 +0100

Congratulations!! 
(also on behalf of Bert, who is in vacation).

Cheers,
Mehmet

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Romascanu, 
> Dan (Dan)
> Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:57 PM
> To: netconf mailing list
> Subject: [Netconf] FW: Protocol Action: 'Partial Lock RPC for 
> NETCONF'toProposed Standard
> 
>

---

From: "Bert (IETF) Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:44:31 +0100

Indeed Congrats to all.

For me... it feels like a nice birth-day present (26th was my birthday).
But I am much more happy for the ditors/authors and the WG to see
\that we have another del

Bert... just back from a relaxing vacation without email.