Subject: [Netconf] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02]

From: "Robert G. Cole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:24:27 -0500

Just a note.  We have revised our draft on defining verification 
mechanisms for NETCONF.  We have modified the approach.  We are now 
defining a verify.yang module which the server is to advertise according 
to the YANG specification.  We also identify requirements on test.yang 
modules for interoperation with these mechanisms.

Thanks,
Bob

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:21:29 -0800 (PST)

A new version of I-D, draft-cole-netconf-robust-config-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Robert Cole and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-cole-netconf-robust-config
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Robust Configuration Management within NETCONF
Creation_date:	 2010-03-02
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 46

Abstract:
This document extends the capabilities of the NETCONF configuration
management protocol in order to standardize mechanisms to perform
sets of active tests (i.e., verification) against servers' running
configuration over a period of time to afford the client and server a
more robust and resilient configuration management capability.  This
is of value to commercial enterprise and public networks as well as
wireless emergency and military networks.  We accomplish this through
the definition of the new verify.yang module.  Servers supporting
this module will advertise this capability according to the YANG
specification.  We also explore the future alternatives for
developing these capabilities within the context of the existing
NETCONF protocol, the YANG modeling language and existing related
IETF, IEEE and ITU-T standards.

The IETF Secretariat.