Subject: [Netconf] with-defaults capability URI

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:06:37 -0700

Hi,

I think the with-defaults capability should be split
into 2 capabilities.

OLD:
     urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:with-defaults?module=ietf-netconf-
     with-defaults&revision=2010-03-25&basic-mode=report-all&
     also-supported=trim,explicit

The current draft shows the NETCONF URI string
with YANG module,revision parameters.
This is wrong.  It should be the YANG module URI string.

I propose that the with-defaults capability be renamed
to 'defaults-handling'.

NEW:

     urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:defaults-handling?&basic-mode=report-all&
     also-supported=trim,explicit

In addition, the YANG module ietf-netconf-with-defaults.yang
would use a YANG formatted namespace, and this will be
the XML namespace of the <with-defaults> element.

NEW:

   urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-netconf-with-defaults&
   module=ietf-netconf-with-defaults&amp;revision=2010-03-25

Andy