Subject: [Netconf] comments on draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-05

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:38:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Some comments on the latest with-default draft:

sec 2.1.
--------

OLD:

   A server indicating 'explicit' either in the basic or the also-
   supported parameter 

NEW:

   A server indicating 'explicit' either in the 'basic-mode' or the
   'also-supported' parameter

sec 2.4.
--------

  The capability identifier and namespace is:

    urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:with-defaults:1.0

  Do we really need to 1.0?  With YANG, we have another mechanism to
  indicate version, (which also is used in this draft).

  I suggest we remove ':1.0'.

sec 2.4.
--------

  s/the basic parameter/the 'basic-mode' parameter/

sec 2.6.
--------

[I reported this comment last time, but I didn't get any comment, so I
don't know if it was forgotten or rejected.]

OLD:

   A new <with-defaults> XML [W3C.REC-xml-20001006] child element is
   added to the method-name element.  This is the element that indicates
   the type of the operation e.g. <get>, <get-config> or <copy-config>.

NEW:

   A new <with-defaults> XML child element is added to the <get>,
   <get-config>, and <copy-config> rpc operations.

sec 2.6.
--------

  s/by the capability identifier's parameter/by the capability
  identifier's 'basic-mode' parameter

sec 4.
------

  This document should registers the YANG module in the YANG Module
  Names registry (see yang draft)

/martin