Subject: [Netconf] bug in ietf-netconf-monitoring.yang

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:12:53 -0700

Hi,

monitoring-12, page 18:

  identity yin {
    base schema-format;
    reference                                                          <<< ****
      "YIN is an alternative, equivalent XML syntax for YANG.";
    reference
      "RFC XXXX:  YANG - A data modeling language for NETCONF";
   // RFC Ed.: replace XXXX with actual RFC number and remove this note
  }

yangdump generates 1 error:

ietf-netconf-monitoring.yang:164.5: error(223): entry exists

(I will work on a better error message than 'entry exists' ;-)

Change the first reference-stmt to a description-stmt.

thanks,
Andy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:19:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> ietf-netconf-monitoring.yang:164.5: error(223): entry exists

pyang also complains, so I guess we didn't run any validator on the
-12 version of the module :(

/martin