Subject: [Netconf] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bierman-netconf-access-control-02.txt

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:00:22 -0700

Hi,

The NACM draft is new and improved (thanks to Martin's input),
and hopefully the WG will charter this work ASAP.
We would like some time at the NETCONF meeting to discuss
the draft and maybe even proposed charter text.
I probably will not be there, so Martin will present the slides.

thanks,
Andy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-bierman-netconf-access-control-02.txt
Date: Sun,  4 Jul 2010 09:15:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Configuration Protocol Access Control Model
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, M. Bjorklund
	Filename        : draft-bierman-netconf-access-control-02.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2010-07-04

The standardization of network configuration interfaces for use with
the NETCONF protocol requires a structured and secure operating
environment, which promotes human usability and multi-vendor
interoperability.  There is a need for standard mechanisms to
restrict NETCONF protocol access for particular users to a pre-
configured subset of all available NETCONF operations and content.
This document discusses requirements for a suitable access control
model, and provides one solution which meets these requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bierman-netconf-access-control-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:22:57 +0200

Hi,

the YANG module contains an invalid pattern in
"typedef nacm-group-name":

    pattern "~\*[.*]";

It should probably be

    pattern "[^\*].*";

Other than that, I successfully translated the module to DSDL schemas
and validated all the examples.

Given that all names of derived types have a namespace, I think it is
unnecessary to start all names with "nacm-".

Lada

Andy Bierman píše v Ne 04. 07. 2010 v 10:00 -0700:
> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C