Subject: [netconf] Comments on draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities-0

From: Balázs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:04:34 +0000

Hello,

“Capability values on a smaller, more specific part of the 

server's data always override more generic values.”

This not following the latest version of
draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities. Please check the description
of module ietf-system-capabilities.
 
2.1 tree diagram: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabi
lities#section-4 states: 
Every set of such capabilities SHOULD be
   wrapped in a container under the augment statement to cleanly
   separate different groups of capabilities.
This is not followed in your augment of /sysc:system-capabilities
 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabi
lities#section-4.2 states: 
1) search for a datastore-capabilities list entry for
     the specific datastore. When stating a specific capability, the
     relative path for any specific capability must be the same
     under the system-capabilities container and under the
     per-node-capabilities list: the same grouping for defining
     the capabilities MUST be used.
Please follow that. Please specify every capability both on the under
system-capabilities and under per-node-capabilities.
A specific capability might always be defined on system or datastore or
per-node level on your system, other systems might have a more granular
capability set. Even if a capability is available on e.g. per-node level,
your system is free not to use it.
 
Why is this model valid only for telemetry? It should be usable for other
notifications too. E.g. transport-protocol or security is just as relevant
for any other notification.
 
What is event based subscription mode?
What is coutner based trigger mode ?
 
suppress-redundant, this mechanism is not described. What is suppressed?

Regards Balazs

-- 

Balazs Lengyel                    Senior Specialist
Ericsson Hungary Ltd. 

Mobile: +36-70-330-7909              email: [email-masked]