Subject: [netext] Wi-DroIT 2021

From: Francesco Betti Sorbelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 13:06:22 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

                                          CALL FOR PAPERS

Wi-DroIT 2021 – 3rd International Workshop on Wireless Sensors and Drones
in Internet of Things

July 14–16, 2021 – Virtual Event

co-located with DCOSS 2021

Website: https://widroit2021.github.io

Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=widroit2021

Due to the evolution of the health pandemic, the event will be held fully
on-line. This will not impact the publication of the DCOSS 2021 proceedings
and accepted papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore Proceedings. The
virtual program will include live sessions of invited speakers and author
presentations, possibly supplemented by online material such as the papers,
presentation slides and videos.

Aims and Scope

Recently, the rapid development of Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAVs),
also known as drones, has highlighted a plethora of emergent applications
such as infrastructure inspection and surveillance, smart agriculture, seek
and rescue, parcel delivery, communications, and post-disaster recovery. In
all these applications, UAVs may coexist with ground Internet of Things
(IoT) devices. For example, UAVs autonomously perform remote sensing
relaying the collected data by the sensors. Moreover, single or multiple
UAVs can cooperatively collaborate providing services that require
efficient protocols where multiple objectives and constraints should be
accounted for.

For this workshop, we seek papers that combine the design of algorithms and
testbed implementations to develop the theoretical foundations for UAVs as
well as the synergies with IoT devices. The numerous emergent applications
raised by IoT may require an interdisciplinary approach, involving
techniques from algorithm foundations and different areas, such as computer
networks, artificial intelligence, concurrent, parallel and distributed
computing, security, digital signal, image and sound processing.

Topics of Interest

- Autonomous sensing via UAVs
- Topology monitoring with UAVs
- Remote sensing networks via UAVs
- Communication protocols of UAVs over IoT
- Modeling and analysis of UAVs over IoT
- Precision agriculture and UAVs
- Crops monitoring in agriculture
- Bugs monitoring in agriculture
- UAVs for environmental monitoring
- Autopilot and UAS autonomy
- UAVs path planning and scheduling
- Parcel delivery using UAVs
- Cellular networks and UAVs
- Constrained and multi-objectives problems
- Sensors localization with UAVs
- UAVs tracking techniques
- Cooperative control of multiple UAVs
- Cyber-security communications and UAVs
- Optimal UAV deployment strategies
- Test-beds and experimental results for UAVs
- Single UAV applications
- Multi-UAV applications
- Energy-efficient UAV communications
- Machine learning for UAV communications

Important dates

- Abstract Submission: May 14, 2021
- Paper Submission: May 21, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: June 11, 2021
- Final manuscript, camera ready: June 18, 2021

Submission

Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that
demonstrate current research on distributed sensor systems related to
Wi-DroIT topics of interest. Please use the US letter size (8.5 x 11 in)
standard IEEE conference LaTeX format or Microsoft Word template available
on the link below:
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

All submissions should be written in English and submitted as a full paper.
Full papers should have a maximum of eight (8) printed pages including
figures and references. Full papers are expected to describe fully
developed ideas with a thorough evaluation. Note that Wi-DroIT does not
follow the double-blind review policy. The names and affiliations of all
the authors must be present in the submitted manuscript.

-- 
Francesco Betti Sorbelli

-- 
Francesco Betti Sorbelli