Subject: [netlmm] Comment on draft-devarapalli-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-00

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:32:48 +0800

Hi Vijay,

Read your draft on using heart beat messages to check MAG-LMA tunnel
validity. I think such query response is very useful for the PMIP
network to adjust to failures or to perform some checks. From the draft
it seems the heart beat originates primarily from the MAG rather than
the LMA. Is there any specific reason for this?

The action based on failure is not stated and you have mentioned it is
out of scope. I guess if the MAG detects LMA failure it may look for
alternate LMAs.

Mohana

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:18:08 -0700

> the LMA. Is there any specific reason for this?

I believe the resources on the access networks (for e.g., radio 
resources) are more scarce and the MAG would like to sooner rather than 
later if it needs to release any resources.

> out of scope. I guess if the MAG detects LMA failure it may look for

It is out of scope for this document. The MAG could discover an 
alternate LMA for a particular mobile node.

Vijay

---

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:43:31 +0800

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

Mohana 

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Devarapalli [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 11:18 PM
To: Mohana Jeyatharan
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [netlmm] Comment on
draft-devarapalli-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-00

Mohana Jeyatharan wrote:
> network to adjust to failures or to perform some checks. From the 
> draft it seems the heart beat originates primarily from the MAG rather

> than the LMA. Is there any specific reason for this?

Vijay