Subject: RE: [netlmm] getting the identity of the mobile node

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 23:29:48 +0300

> So, there will be situations
where the MN has to go through re-auth which may create new identifiers.
However, to circumvent the change of MN-ID in the middle of a PMIP6
session, the MAG should remember the initial one that was used to create
the PMIP6 binding.

Its not clear to me how, if as in the case of many network access auth schemes they don't give you a fixed mnid.

> The AAA server should handout a stable MN-ID that the MAG can use. This is useful in the case where the access auth does not require exchange of MN-ID or the MN-ID exchanged during access auth only contains the domain part of the NAI. This stable ID won't have to be static (i.e. never change or change after very long time). The AAA server can send a new ID every time the MN performs attach.

How does it know to do that?

Jari

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:39:32 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jari Arkko [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 3:30 PM
> To: Chowdhury, Kuntal
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [netlmm] getting the identity of the mobile node
> 
> Its not clear to me how, if as in the case of many network access auth
> schemes they don't give you a fixed mnid.
> 
[KC>] I don't quite understand your comment. But, let's say that the
same MAG supports more than one access auth and the MN undergoes two
different access authentications while being attached the AR/MAG. Even
then the MAG will only have to use the same MN-ID that it picked
initially to create the PMIP6 session for any PMIP6 binding refresh
operation. This requirement is not dependent on access auth type.

> 
> > The AAA server should handout a stable MN-ID that the MAG can use.
This
> is useful in the case where the access auth does not require exchange
of
> MN-ID or the MN-ID exchanged during access auth only contains the
domain
> part of the NAI. This stable ID won't have to be static (i.e. never
change
> or change after very long time). The AAA server can send a new ID
every
> time the MN performs attach.
> 
[KC>] via configuration and via the knowledge of the access auth method
used by the MN.