Subject: [Netslices] IEEE NFV-SDN Call for Workshops

From: George Xilouris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 11:04:40 +0000

[Apologies for cross-posting]

===============================================

The 4th IEEE NFV-SDN conference, which will take place in Verona, invites
proposals for one fullday or two half-day workshops to be held on Nov 27,
2018 at the start of the main technical program.  The scope of the
workshops is to complement the main conference program with forums for
exchange of technical expertise, development, integration and
standardization efforts on particularly focused areas of interest within
the frame of the NFV-SDN. Proposals from industry and academia are welcome.

The topics considered but not limited to, include:

- Network Slicing in 5G Systems • Advances in Network Services Chain
- SDN and NFV Security challenges
- Portability and benchmarking of Virtual network functions
- Edge Computing synergy with NFV and SDN
- Machine learning for NFV Management and Orchestration
- NFV-SDN deployment cases across vertical sectors
- Validation and Verification of Network Services and VNFs

Submission Guidelines

Each IEEE NFV-SDN workshop proposal in a single PDF file must include:

- Name and abbreviation of the workshop
- Names, addresses, and a short bio of the workshop organizers (i.e OC
chairs)
- A brief description of the technical focus addressed by the workshop and
the motivation.
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) and/or Organizing Committee (OC) roster.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate
lively and interactive discussions.
- Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
- A draft of 1-page “Call for Papers (CfP)” including title, description,
topics and important dates.

Submitted Workshop proposals should not exceed TWO pages and should be
submitted via email to [email-masked]

General Chair

Kurt Tutschku, BTH, SWE

Workshop Chairs

Evangelos Markakis, TEI of Crete, GR & George Xilouris, NCSR Demokritos, GR

IMPORTANT DATES

Workshop proposal submission: April 15, 2018
Notification of acceptance: April 29, 2018
Workshop Paper Submission: June 08, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: July 31, 2018
Camera-ready Submission: September 30, 2018

Best Regards

George Xilouris

—

George Xilouris
Research Fellow
Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications
NCSR Demokritos
e: [email-masked]
w: www.iit.demokritos.gr
t: +302106503108
-- 
Sent from Gmail Mobile