Subject: [newtrk] a short summary of the San Diego newtrk session

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:13:52 -0400 (EDT)

The newtrk working group met last week at the San Diego IETF meeting.  A
pointer to the jabber log of the meeting has been posted on the
supplemental working group web page (reachable from the working group
charter page on the IETF web site).

David Black gave an discussed his and Brian Carpenter's ID that summarizes
the various proposals to revise the IETF standards track, John Klensin
discussed his and John Loughney's overlapping proposals for a new series
of short documents that would be used to define what is in a standard, and
Elliot Lear discussed his and Harald Alvestrand's proposal to deal with
"old and crufty" standards track documents.  There was quite a bit of
useful discussion on each of these topics. Based on a hum, the people
present in the session felt that the Working group should pursue both the
Klensin/ Loughney approach and the Lear/ Alvestrand one (in addition to
the already chartered Black/ Carpenter document).

Based on the discussion, David and Brian will be revising their document,
John Loughney will combine his and John Klensin's ideas into a single
document and Elliot will update his and Harald's proposal.

Scott
.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html