Subject: [newtrk] Final check on draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-03.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:51:07 +0100

After the Routing Area's extra review at Alex Zinin's request,
two more RFCs have been claimed to be in use (RFC 1755)
or of future use (RFC 1584, expected to be of use to MANET).

Below is the corresponding Note to the RFC Editor. If anyone
here has a problem with this, please say so immediately.
Hopefully, the document will be approved in the next day
or two on this basis.

     Brian

------------

Please correct the following typo in the second paragraph of
Section 1:

OLD:
    Status) and RFC 3166 (Request to Move RFC 1433 to Historic Status).

NEW:
    Status) and RFC 3166 (Request to Move RFC 1403 to Historic Status).

Please update the following paragraph in Section 3:

OLD:
    During review RFCs 1518 and 1519 were removed, based on the fact that
    work is ongoing to revise them.  Similarly, RFCs 1381, 1382, 1471,
    1472, 1473, 1582, and 1598 were removed based on the belief that they
    were actively in use.

NEW:
    During review RFCs 1518 and 1519 were removed, based on the fact that
    work is ongoing to revise them.  Similarly, RFCs 1381, 1382, 1471,
    1472, 1473, 1582, 1598 and 1755 were removed based on the belief that
    they were actively in use. RFC 1584 was removed based on an expected
    future dependency.

Please DELETE the following two lines from Section 3:

       RFC1584 (Multicast Extensions to OSPF)
       RFC1755 (ATM Signaling Support for IP over ATM)

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html