Subject: Re: new state model

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:04:10 +0100 (CET)

> > My guess right now is that the new state model is implementable.  But only
> > experience will tell.
> 
> Agreed.  First order of business on Monday will be to work out the
> details with everyone.  I will summarize that discussion and post to
> the WG alias (along with some pictures, hopefully).

I've been waiting for a summarize for almost four weeks now. How is the
work going?

Another thing: Some issues, but not all, on
http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/issues.html are already introduced in
the protocol definition file
http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/nfs4_prot.x. But as far as I
understand, there is no information about which changes are already
introduced and which remains to be done. This makes it very hard to follow
the changes. Is nfs4_prot.x version controlled? In that case, would it be
possible to get access to the Changelog?

If we expect lots more work on the protocol, maybe it would be easier to
use Bugzilla, IssueZilla or something like that instead of the current,
HTML-based TODO-list.

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-29 08 61
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:56:14 -0600

> possible to get access to the Changelog?

I apologize for not getting the descriptions out earlier.  I am
working to generate an IETF draft for the deadline this week; while
this will contain a set of changes it will unfortunately not include a
large set of descriptive text for the changes to the state model;
those will be forthcoming however.

The change log for the nfs4_prot.x is somewhat sparse and has been for
my own record keeping.  For these latest updates, the changelog has no
additional information.

> use Bugzilla, IssueZilla or something like that instead of the current,

Well, once we work through the current issues list, that "should" be
it before working the draft to the next version of the NFSv4 RFC.  At
this point, I would prefer to spend my energies on getting the issues
resolved.

-- 
Spencer

---

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:20:04 +0100 (CET)

> working to generate an IETF draft for the deadline this week; while

I see. Then I won't disturb you more this week :-)

> those will be forthcoming however.

Ok. 

> this point, I would prefer to spend my energies on getting the issues

Sounds good.