Subject: NFS4ERR_BADHANDLE

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:04:47 +0100 (CET)

The spec says ACCESS, and most other operations, can return
NFS4ERR_BADHANDLE. When does this happen? I suppose this means that the
current filehandle (cfh) is BAD. How can that happen, when it's not
possible to PUTFH a BAD FH?

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping
Sweden

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:51:10 -0600

> possible to PUTFH a BAD FH?

The server can choose to check the filehandle upon PUTFH or when the
filehandle is used as a current filehandle on another operation.  The
specification doesn't impose a particular server implementation.

-- 
Spencer