Subject: RE: Issue 74 (seqid handling on errors)

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:41:30 -0700

That message was part of a very long thread that began with 
http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2001/0009.html,
that discussed lots and lots of issues relating stateid's and
seqid's.  It defies easy summarization.

As far as 0038.html, it is basically Kendrick agreeing with me,
that when the spec speaks of replayed requests due to seeing
a repeated sequence id, it should be interpreted as replaying
the specific operation that has the sequence id.

So maybe the issue is that the spec is misleading on this issue,
but that doesn't sound all that much like the title of the
issue.

This thread was one in which Andy's diagrams were discussed,
revised, and re-discussed, so unless someone remembers a specific
issue that corresponds to Issue 74, maybe this should be considered
as part of Issue 101.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 2:53 PM
To: Noveck, Dave
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Issue 74 (seqid handling on errors)

This is in your "what's the issue?" list.

I think the URL in the Issues list is wrong.  It should apparently be
0038.html, not 0048.html.

mike