Subject: Corrections for the latest spec

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:41:50 +0200 (CEST)

I believe I've found some minor errors in the latest spec:

* Spelling of Unix: Sometimes "Unix", sometimes "UNIX". I believe it
  should be "UNIX". 

* Is "nfs_lockowner", "nfs_lockowner4" and "lock_owner4" the same
  thing? It looks a bit strange at page 18, for example. The heading
  is "lock_owner4" but the struct definition is for
  "nfs_lockowner4". The TOC, for example, uses "nfs_lockowner"
  (without the ending 4).

* Section 14.2.16: The synopsis for the OPEN op does not exactly match
  the names used in OPEN4args. access -> share_access, deny ->
  share_deny. 

* In the section listing the error codes for OPEN, there is a star
  ("*") after NFS4ERR_NOENT. 

* Section 14.2.18, description of OPEN_CONFIRM: "The latter situation
  is why the NFS version 4 protocol does not have an explicit
  operation to exit an nfs_lockowner". Isn't this what the
  RELEASE_LOCKOWNER operation does?

* Several different definitions for the structures LOCK4denied,
  LOCKT4args and OPEN4args (as pointed out earlier). 

* The structure definition of RENEW4args is strange
  ("clientid4clientid").

Also, some kind of description of open_owner4 and locker4 would be
nice. 

-- 
/Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>