Subject: RE: Issue 58 (open upgrade/downgrade, Unix, and NT)

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:27:13 -0700

Here are some other messages that relate to this issue:

http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2001/0137.html
http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2000/0332.html 
http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2000/0338.html 
http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2000/0353.html

I'm having a little trouble understanding the issues and I wrote some 
of these messages.

Maybe we should first ask Sergey whether this is still issue for him
and what are the consequences of leaving the spec as it is in this area.

Sergey? 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 2:53 PM
To: Noveck, Dave
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Issue 58 (open upgrade/downgrade, Unix, and NT)

This is in your "what is this issue?" list.

The issues list shows this as

    OPEN upgrade and OPEN_DOWNGRADE paths and the ability of NT and
    Unix to interoperate appropriate with the way the state
    information is currently designed.

Is this Sergey's 1 Oct 2001 mail
(http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2001/0578.html)
?

mike