Subject: summary of .x changes between drafts -01 and -02

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:38:12 -0500

Here is a very brief summary of the changes that occurred to the
protocol description file between the -01 draft and -02 draft.  Please
refer to the protocol specification for additional detail on the
features that these changes represent.

1) Following errors added:
	NFS4ERR_BADCHAR		= 10040,/* utf-8 char not supported*/
	NFS4ERR_BADNAME		= 10041,/* name not supported      */
	NFS4ERR_BAD_RANGE	= 10042,/* lock range not supported*/
	NFS4ERR_LOCK_NOTSUPP	= 10043,/* no atomic up/downgrade  */
	NFS4ERR_OP_ILLEGAL	= 10044,/* undefined operation     */
	NFS4ERR_DEADLOCK	= 10045,/* file locking deadlock   */
	NFS4ERR_FILE_OPEN	= 10046 /* open file blocks op.    */

2) Following constants added for fattr4_mode attribute.  Specification
   includes additional semantic interpretation along with restrictions
   on use of values beyond these constants.

   const MODE4_SUID = 0x800;  /* set user id on execution */
   const MODE4_SGID = 0x400;  /* set group id on execution */
   const MODE4_SVTX = 0x200;  /* save text even after use */
   const MODE4_RUSR = 0x100;  /* read permission: owner */
   const MODE4_WUSR = 0x080;  /* write permission: owner */
   const MODE4_XUSR = 0x040;  /* execute permission: owner */
   const MODE4_RGRP = 0x020;  /* read permission: group */
   const MODE4_WGRP = 0x010;  /* write permission: group */
   const MODE4_XGRP = 0x008;  /* execute permission: group */
   const MODE4_ROTH = 0x004;  /* read permission: other */
   const MODE4_WOTH = 0x002;  /* write permission: other */
   const MODE4_XOTH = 0x001;  /* execute permission: other */

3) New recommended attribute added to aid Posix based clients that want
   to maintain filesystem mounts that mirror that of the server.

   fattr4_mounted_on_fileid

4) Removed constant for OPEN results rflag field
   const OPEN4_RESULT_MLOCK	= 0x00000001;

5) The operation response for SETCLIENTID contains a verifier:
	verifier4	setclientid_confirm;

6) The operation argument for SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM contains a verifier:
	verifier4	setclientid_confirm;

7) New operations ILLEGAL/CB_ILLEGAL to enable proper error encoding for
   COMPOUND/CB_COMPOUND.