Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:17:47 -0700

Hooray!  

Now I have a new draft to read :-(

Could you send out a list of what issues have been resolved in 
this draft, or alternatively, a list of those that are not yet
resolved, and that you think need to be resolved (under resolved
I include deciding on what is to be done, drafting any necessary
changes and incorporating them in the spec)?  Getting a (very
short) agreed list is crucial to us finishing in time, and
we only have 181.6 hours to go. (maybe 184.6 if we go to 
11:59PM pacific time).

As you know, I am working on the changes for the delegation and
migration issues that have been identified as important as
a result of the issue list review.  These are issues 50, 83,
96, 97, 98, 104, 105, 112, 113.  I'll update my spec changes
to be relative to the new draft.  I will send these changes 
out early this afternoon.

So what else needs to get done, for us to be done?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 8:06 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NFS version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Shepler et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 235
	Date		: 01-Aug-02
	
NFS version 4 is a distributed file system protocol which owes
heritage to NFS protocol versions 2 [RFC1094] and 3 [RFC1813].
Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4 protocol supports
traditional file access while integrating support for file locking
and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for strong security
(and its negotiation), compound operations, client caching, and
internationalization have been added.  Of course, attention has been
applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an Internet
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:17:50 -0700

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:26:35 -0500

> we only have 181.6 hours to go. (maybe 184.6 if we go to 

This draft matches the draft located at:
http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/draft-01-04/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-01-04.txt

This was submitted to the IETF drafts alias on July 1st but missed the
deadline for publication before the IETF meeting.  It was supposed to
be released soon after the IETF meeting but was "lost" and I have just
worked out the details with the IETF editors to have it released.  The
issues resolved are enumerated in the normal place.

> out early this afternoon.

Great.  I will integrate these modifications over the weekend.

> So what else needs to get done, for us to be done?

I have been working on spec updates and will post updates over the
weekend and will have a list of issues remaining and matching draft
ready for Monday morning.  The issues remaining at that point will be
those that require additional discussion.  

As has been suggested, the goal is to resolve all open issues during
next week's bakeoff and a final draft submitted next Friday.  Next
Friday's draft will be used as the basis of a WG last call.

Spencer

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:41:49 -0700

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Noveck <Noveck> writes:

    Dave> So what else needs to get done, for us to be done?

I will be sending out a revised Section 5.9 (ACLs), based on the
feedback that I got from my previous submission.

mike