Subject: RE: draft-02-00 posted

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:14:54 -0700

> I have posted the latest working draft at:
> http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/draft-02-00/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02-00.txt

Great!

> The matching issues list is at:
> http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/issues.html
> 
> As always, the individual issues have pointers to the diffs that were
> a result of the updates for the issue.  Therefore, diffing this
> version of the draft with previous versions is not necessary.  All
> updates should be reflected in the individual issues updates.

Diffing is perhaps not absolutely necessary but it can certainly be 
desirable.

It depends on what question that you are asking?  If the question is,
"How was this particular issue resolved?" then your procedure is fine.
If, on the other hand, your question is the global "How does the 
August draft differ from the July draft", being able to just diff
them (and get a reasonable result) would certainly be nice.  I suppose
that I could scan the new issues list and follow each of the links to
assemble the total Spec Diff Story but I'm not sure I have the patience
for that.  Whether that's a dnoveck character problem or a problem with
the procedure is a judgement call of course.  Also I can take the diffs
on the plane and look at them but I have no time to follow all those
links and print something to help me sleep, uh, I mean occupy me on
the trip ;-)

> This draft incorporates the set of changes supplied by Dave Noveck,
> Mike Kupfer and Mike Eisler.  Mike Eisler's changes were the only ones
> that were not posted directly to the WG alias.  Issue 91 represents
> the changes Eisler proposed for the SETCLIENTID issues and you will
> find the complete text of his suggested modifications under that issue.

> Here are the issue numbers that were resolved one way or another in
> this draft:

> 02, 16, 41, 44, 45, 50, 51, 53, 57, 60, 61, 67, 68, 69, 72, 74, 77,
> 80, 83, 85, 86, 87, 91, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108,
> 109, 110, 112, 113, 117, 118, 119, 131, 132, 138, 140, 145, 153, 154,
> 160, 167, 169, 173, 174, 175, 176, 181, 184, 195, 197, 199, 206, 208,
> 209

The end is near! (and that's good thing).

> To find all issues resolved in this updated draft, search for
> "RESOLVED-02-00" in the issues page.