Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:28:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NFS version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Shepler et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 279
	Date		: 12-Aug-02
	
NFS version 4 is a distributed file system protocol which owes
heritage to NFS protocol versions 2 [RFC1094] and 3 [RFC1813].
Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4 protocol supports
traditional file access while integrating support for file locking
and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for strong security
(and its negotiation), compound operations, client caching, and
internationalization have been added.  Of course, attention has been
applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an Internet
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:54:41 -0500

I would like to ask the WG co-chairs and WG at large to accept this
document for WG last call starting on 14 Aug 2002.  Given the size of
the document and schedules of a couple of the authors, I would ask
that the last call period last until 4 Sep 2002 (3 weeks).

Spencer

-- 
Spencer

---

From: Brian Pawlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:55:31 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, thank you Spencer.

Working group last call starts 14 Aug 02.  The internet draft
we are reviewing contains the fixes to the protocol defined in RFC 3010,
and additional material to explain details of the protocol.

The work reflects a great deal of implementation experience by
several organizations as they implemented the protocol.

Last call will end on 4 Sep 2002.  Please send comments in to the
alias as you review - the earlier the better.

Spencer will be managing an open issues list on www.nfsv4.org.

Questions?
Brian Pawlowski