Subject: Design of NLM

From: "Koundinya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:13:38 +0000

Hi all,
	I have been making a comparison study of locking in NFS. I have 
gone through several archives in the mailing list.I have also 
browsed through the specifications of the NFS v4 but there's not 
too much given about the NLM. Where can I find a good 
description of this.

Thanks for any information.

Koundinya

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 15:01:24 +0100

>>>>> " " == koundinya  <[email-masked]> writes:

     > browsed through the specifications of the NFS v4 but there's
     > not too much given about the NLM. Where can I find a good
     > description of this.

See RFC3010 (and the IETF-WG draft revision on www.nfsv4.org).

For NFSv4 there is no external NLM protocol because locking has been
integrated into the NFS itself.

Cheers,
  Trond

---

From: David Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:36:37 -0600

> too much given about the NLM. Where can I find a good 

Google says:
	http://www.opengroup.org/products/publications/catalog/c702.htm

---

From: Brent Callaghan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:57:00 -0800

Take a look at Chapter 10 of "NFS Illustrated".  It describes
the NLM protocol and illustrates its use.

	Brent