Subject: RE: [nfsv4] (no subject)

From: "Khan, Saadia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:41:15 -0800

I believe you should return NFSERR_BADOWNER on the setattr and if this
happens on a getattr/readdir because the mapping no longer exists then
maybe the best way to handle this would be to return the internally
stored id as a string. However that may not mean anything to the client
and the client would then have to decide how to handle it.
 
Saadia

-----Original Message-----
From: Stevan Steve Allen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] (no subject)

Question.. 

If Owner & Group name strings are not supported by the server for
SETATTR.  Can the server return it's internal string representation for
owner and group without a domain name (which is unknown) in
GETATTR/READDIR? 

Thanks,
Stevan C. Allen
NFS Development