Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4 testing tool

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:10:03 -0400 (EDT)

Just in case you're interested, I've constructed a crude "internet emulator"
using OpenBSD3.4 on a box with 2 net interfaces. It's configured as a
router, with controllable delay and packet loss. I'm finding it useful
for NFSv4 testing. If you are interested, you can grab it:
anonymous ftp: snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca (131.104.48.1)
in pub/nfsv4/delayrouter-openbsd3.tar.gz.

I'll also bring to Ann Arbor, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:38:51 -0700

Cool! A lot like the old TCP/IP bakeoff "Flakeway" in RFC1025,
except that one (intentionally) reordered packets too.

I'm not sure about packet loss control for v4 - because of
the presence of TCP, I'd guess that it's effectively inserting
a long delay at random intervals (while the retransmit occurs)?
The question I would have, assuming this is correct, is whether
TCP fast-retransmit would kick in and eliminate the timeout.

Sounds like a good thing to have. What TCPs is it killing? :-)

Tom.