Subject: [nfsv4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-referrals-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Implementation Guide for Referrals in NFSv4
	Author(s)	: D. Noveck, R. Burnett
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nfsv4-referrals-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2005-7-8
	
     RFC3530 describes a migration feature using the NFS4ERR_MOVED error
     code and the fs_locations attribute.  The description focuses on
     the case of migration (i.e. relocation) of a file system already
     known to the client.  The simpler limiting case in a which a file
     system not previously known to the client was located elsewhere,
     which we here call a referral, was not clearly described.  Because
     of this and also because of some inconsistencies and ambiguities in
     the text of RFC3530, there has been confusion about how the client
     and server should interact in performing a referral.  This document
     provides a guide to the implementation of referrals, and in so
     doing, addresses the relevant problems in RFC3530.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-referrals-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nfsv4-referrals-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-referrals-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4