Subject: RE: [nfsv4] RE: Finding hardlinks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:13:26 -0500 (EST)

> Getting rid of multiple filehandles per object is going to be
> difficult for any NFS server that allows multiple export policies
> for the same filesystem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple export policies" Mike? If you
mean "host X can use AUTH_SYS but host Y must use krb5" then it doesn't
seem hard to implement to me. (My code just looks up the export rules based
upon the client's IP address and passes that through to the routine(s)
doing the RPC.) If you mean something else, then could you please elucidate.

rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:27:13 -0800 (PST)

--- [email-masked] wrote:

> mean "host X can use AUTH_SYS but host Y must use krb5" then it

I mean allowing a two pathnames in the same file system to be
exported with different policies. E.g.

  /a/b -ro
  /a/c -rw

if /a/b/l1 and /a/c/l2 are hardlinks of each other than the file
handles of l1 and of l2 will be different, even though they are
the same file.

> doesn't

In my example no IP address is specified for either policy.
So what export policy does your code apply in my example to /a/b
and /a/c?

---

From: Jim Rees <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:41:54 -0500

Mike Eisler wrote:

Shouldn't this sort of policy be enforced by acls on the file system
objects?