Subject: [nfsv4] Referral Namespace at Connectathon

From: "William A. (Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:29:06 -0500

I'm very interested in constructing a multi-vendor referral namespace at
connectathon. Which implementations at connectahon will

- have referral code to test?
- have SECINFO so we can test crossing referrals with different security
mechanisms?

Linux is using a candidate ldap schema for configuring fs_locations
information. What other means of configuring referrals are being used?

We will bring an ldap service.

-->Andy
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Calum Mackay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:21:43 +0000

hi Andy,

> connectathon.

We're at the early stages of our implementation, so will be testing 
basic client-side support; we're not planning to bring any fs_locations 
management.

Look forward to seeing you there.

cheers,
calum.

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:32:26 -0500

> basic client-side support; we're not planning to bring any fs_locations 

The server that's a target of a referral doesn't actually require any
fs_locations support at all, does it?  And a referral that pointed from
one server implementation to another might be worth testing.  In theory
it seems straightforward, but who knows.

So while it'd also be nifty to set up a common ldap database for the
referral information, there are also simpler things we could test.

--b.

---

From: Duen-wen Hsiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:29:05 -0600

For AIX, we don't require the target of a referral to provide any
fs_locations information. However, if it did then we'll process it.

Duen-wen Hsiao

             "J. Bruce Fields"                                             
             <bfields@fieldses                                             
             .org>                                                      To 
                                       Calum Mackay <[email-masked]> 
             01/15/2007 11:32                                           cc 
             AM                        "William A. \(Andy\) Adamson"       
                                       <[email-masked]>,            
                                       [email-masked]                      
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [nfsv4] Referral Namespace at   
                                       Connectathon                        

                                                                           

--b.

---

From: Calum Mackay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:36:39 +0000

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> fs_locations support at all, does it?  

right, although we too will process it if it does, as Duen-wen noted.

> And a referral that pointed from

we're hoping to test that, just in case, as you say.

cheers,
c.