Subject: [nfsv4] New internet draft regarding federated file systems

From: Daniel Ellard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:38 -0400

I've just submitted the attached file as an internet draft.  It is a
proposed requirements document for federated file systems, and its purpose
is to generate discussion and build consensus around the requirements for
federated file systems (which we'll then use as a basis for actually
building such systems...).

This will all sound familiar to people on the federated-fs list, but maybe
not to people only on the nfsv4 mailing list.

This draft, which has been reformatted in the style of an RFC, is the fourth
draft of this document, but the numbering has been reset in accordance with
the IETF draft protocol.  The major differences between this draft and
earlier drafts are:

- Reformatting

- Dividing the "NSDB" concept into two related concepts: the "NSDB service"
(an abstract service, implemented by a set of nodes) and the "NSDB node"
(one of the nodes that implements a specific part of the NSDB service).

There are also many rewordings, error fixes, and similar minor changes
suggested by reviewers via email or on the last conference call.

-Dan

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4