Subject: [nfsv4] idmapd startup script fails when sunrpc statically linked]

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:45:24 -0400

I'm forwarding this to the Linux NFSv4 mailing list and removing the
IETF list from the reply list...

Cheers
  Trond

Subject: [nfsv4] idmapd startup script fails when sunrpc statically linked
From: "Muntz, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
To: "NFSv4" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:21:57 -0700
List-Id: NFSv4 Working Group <nfsv4.ietf.org>

Hi all,

The startup script for idmapd checks to see if the sunrpc module is
loaded, and if the module is not loaded, idmapd doesn't start.  However,
if you build sunrpc into the kernel statically, the test fails and
idmapd doesn't start.  I'm not sure which distributions share this
startup script, but FC and RHEL both have this problem.

  -Dan

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4