Subject: [nfsv4] AD review: draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-05

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:02:36 +0300

I'm trying to do the AD review phase early (i.e., in parallel WG last  
call rather than afterwards), and for this document it has actually  
worked.

Summary: Generally good to go. Main issue is that port 2050 is  
already registered. Needs minor editorial wordsmithing.

Detailed comments:

Section 7., paragraph 5:
 >      nfs-rdma 2050

   According to http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers, port 2050
   is already registered to "Avaya EMB Config Port" - conflict?

Section 9., paragraph 4:
 >    [RFC1094]
 >       "NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification",
 >       (NFS version 2) Informational RFC,
 >       http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1094.txt

   Please call out this DOWNREF in the document shepherd writeup - we
   need to confirm that this is OK during the IETF last call.

 >    [RFC1813]
 >       B. Callaghan, B. Pawlowski, P. Staubach, "NFS Version 3  
Protocol
 >       Specification",
 >       Informational RFC,
 >       http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1813.txt

   Please call out this DOWNREF in the document shepherd writeup - we
   need to confirm that this is OK during the IETF last call.

The rest are all nits (typos, etc.)

Section 1., paragraph 1:
 >    posted buffers to RPC.  This document details the mapping for each
 >    version of the NFS protocol [RFC1831] [RFC4506] [RFC1094]  
[RFC1813]
 >    [RFC3530] [NFSv4.1].

   Nit: Shouldn't references to the NFS RFCs be sufficient here? Can the
   reference to XDR and RPC be omitted?

Section 3., paragraph 7:
 >    returned by other methods, e.g.  by read chunk list or inline.   
If no

   Nit: s/e.g./e.g.,/ (also elsewhere)

Section 4, paragraph 2:
 >    If there is no Write list, i.e. the list is null, then any READ or

   Nit: s/i.e./i.e.,/ (also elsewhere)

Section 4, paragraph 17:
 >    operate with prearranged sie constraints, for example use of the

   Nit: s/sie/size/

Section 10., paragraph 2:
 >    [NFSv4.1]
 >       S. Shepler et. al., ed., "NFSv4 Minor Version 1"

   Nit: s/et./et/

Section 10., paragraph 4:
 >    [DDP]
 >       H. Shah et al, "Direct Data Placement over Reliable  
Transports",

   Nit: s/al/al./

Section 12., paragraph 5:
 >  Intellectual Property

   Nit: idnits finds a boilerplate issue in the text below - please
   correct.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4