Subject: [nfsv4] NFS with ipv6

From: mee thun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:28:31 +0700

Hello

I am makhsun. I am a new member in this milist. I have a problem about NFS.
I was configure nfs with ipv6. In server side, no problem with configure
nfs. But
in client side, I have a problem when I mounting directory nfs. This message
is :

mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server 2001:470:1f05:6bf::209: Name or service
not known

Can I help me to solve this problem? I need help. Thank You

Regards
Makhsun

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:25:10 -0400

On Apr 21, 2011, at 4:28 AM, mee thun wrote:

> I was configure nfs with ipv6. In server side, no problem with configure nfs. But 
> in client side, I have a problem when I mounting directory nfs. This message is : 
> 
> mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server 2001:470:1f05:6bf::209: Name or service not known

That typically means your client wasn't built with IPv6 support.

-- 
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com