Subject: [nfsv4] [LNFS] Meeting Agenda 04/14/11

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:15:10 -0500

Today's proposed agenda is below. Please let me know if
you would like to add additional topics.

   Time: Thursdays 12:30-1:30 PM CST/1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 (us)
         303-218-2659 (international)
     Id: 2787108

Proposed Agenda
---------------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

 This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
 IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

   http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

 We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Use cases

We have some additional use cases to go over.

Sorin Faibish will present the ones from Red Hat - see http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nfsv4/current/msg09347.html

David Black will present the ones that he and Kathleen Moriarty provided an overview to the list (link hasn't made the archives yet)

+ Dependency of LNFS on RPCSEC_GSSv3

RPCSEC_GSSv4 is running parallel to NFSv4.2 and will be optional to
implement in NFSv4.2.

If LNFS lands in NFSv4.2, it will also be optional.

As it is a security feature, we might want to make it as secure as possible.
To do that, we could require that if a system implements LNFS, then it
MUST do so over RPCSEC_GSSv3.

+ Administrivia

Source resides at: https://github.com/loghyr/LabeledNFS

+ All other business