Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:25:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using DNS SRV to Specify a Global File Name Space with NFS version 4
	Author(s)       : Craig Everhart
                          W.A. (Andy) Adamson
                          Jiaying Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-09-02

   The NFS version 4 protocol provides a natural way for a collection of
   NFS file servers to collaborate in providing an organization-wide
   file name space.  The DNS SRV RR allows a simple and appropriate way
   for an organization to publish the root of its name space, even to
   clients that might not be intimately associated with such an
   organization.  The DNS SRV RR can be used to join these organization-
   wide file name spaces together to allow construction of a global,
   uniform NFS version 4 file name space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-08.txt

---

From: "Everhart, Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 17:40:08 -0400

This revision offers some clarifications, responding to a few AD
questions.

It does change the recommendation about where SRV lookups should happen.
It notes that it would be possible to do it in a server, but it makes
the call that compliance requires that it MUST be done in the NFSv4
client.  I think I finally get why everyone was backing that option.

It also happens to extend the expiration date...

		Craig

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 5:25 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-
> namespace-08.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Network File System
> Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4