Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4.1 FreeBSD client for testing

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 17:45:25 -0400 (EDT)

First off, I hope no one minds the crosspost, but I thought
some of the FreeBSD crowd might be interested...

I've put a patch against FreeBSD9.0 (currently Beta2, but I don't
think the NFS client code will change before the final release, so
hopefully the patch will continue to apply) up in the hopes that
server vendors (and anyone else, of course) will use it for testing.
The main difference between what I tested during the June Bakeathon
and this patch is support for the back channel. It does not yet have
any support for pNFS. I'll need to figure out a way to set up a DS for
testing before I can work on that.

If you are interested, the patch is at:
   http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/nfsv4.1-client

Hopefully the Readme covers the basic setup.

Good luck with it, if you try it, rick

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 21:39:25 -0400

> Good luck with it, if you try it, rick

Cool... Are you going to be attending the Bakeathon next month? If not,
can you supply a VM or something like that so that we can try to do some
FreeBSD client testing against the various server implementations out
there?

Cheers
  Trond
-- 
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer

NetApp
[email-masked]
www.netapp.com

---

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 22:15:16 -0500

> FreeBSD client testing against the various server implementations out

I can run one, I got pretty good at it for a while for some testing. :->

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:56:27 -0400 (EDT)

> I can run one, I got pretty good at it for a while for some testing.
Thanks for volunteering Tom ;-)

I'll admit I might not even be able to read email daily during the
Bakeathon, since I'll be "on the road", but I will try to do so, when
Tom finds issues.

rick