Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4 client restriction

From: Peter Horvath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:15:14 +0000

Hi,

We are using Ubuntu LTS 10.04 servers and clients.
NFS version is the following:
nfs-common                     1.2.0-4ubuntu4.2
nfs-kernel-server               1.2.0-4ubuntu4.2

My exports looks like this:

/srv 10.66.3.0/24(fsid=0,ro,no_subtree_check,sync)
/srv/www/project1 10.66.3.101(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)
/srv/www/project2 10.66.3.102(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)
/srv/www/project3 10.66.3.103(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)

My problem is that in this case clients have only read-only access. If
i set the pseudofilesystem root to RW it is working but in that case
all the clients would be able to mount the root and access other
projects too.
How can i achieve the same results as it was in NFSv3 with this config.

/srv/www/project1 10.66.3.101(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)
/srv/www/project2 10.66.3.102(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)
/srv/www/project3 10.66.3.103(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sync)

I wasn't able to find any solution on the net and forums so far.

All help would be appreciated.

Thank you

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:30:27 -0500

Try [email-masked] for linux-specific troubleshooting.

--b.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 01:15:14PM +0000, Peter Horvath wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4