Subject: [nfsv4] Can we make draft-quigley-nfsv4-lfs-registry-00 a WG item?

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:27:06 -0700

Hi Spencer,

Can we make this a WG item and proceed into WG Last Call?

Registry Specification for Mandatory Access Control (MAC) Security Label Formats

Abstract

   In the past Mandatory Access Control (MAC) systems have used very
   rigid policies which were hardcoded into the particular protocol and
   platform.  As MAC systems are more widely deployed additional
   flexibility in mechanism and policy is required.  Where traditional
   trusted systems implemented Multi-Level Security (MLS) and integrity
   models, modern systems have expanded to include technologies such as
   type enforcement.  Due to the wide range of policies and mechanisms
   it has proven through past efforts to be virtually impossible to
   accomodate all parties in one security label format and model.

   To allow multiple MAC mechanisms and label formats in a network, this
   document proposes a registry of label format specifications.  This
   registry contains several identifiers to accomodate both integer and
   string preferences and associates those identifiers with an extensive
   document outlining the exact syntax and use of the particular label
   format.

This was draft-quigley-label-format-registry-02, where it languished out
of sight. 

The document is pretty short and is mainly a call for IANA to establish
a new registry.

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:40:35 +0000

Yes, this seems appropriate.

If anyone believes this should NOT be done, please speak up.  Otherwise, Tom, wait a day for response and then submit an I-D with a WG name and I will approve and we will move forward from there.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: nfsv4 [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Haynes
> Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:27 PM
> To: nfsv4 list ([email-masked])
> Subject: [nfsv4] Can we make draft-quigley-nfsv4-lfs-registry-00 a WG item?
> 
> Hi Spencer,
> 
> This was draft-quigley-label-format-registry-02, where it languished out of
> sight.
> 
> The document is pretty short and is mainly a call for IANA to establish a new
> registry.
> 
> Thanks,
> Tom
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4