Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 7204 on Requirements for Labeled NFS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:02:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7204

        Title:      Requirements for Labeled NFS 
        Author:     T. Haynes
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39350
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-labreqs-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7204.txt

This memo outlines high-level requirements for the integration of
flexible Mandatory Access Control (MAC) functionality into the
Network File System (NFS) version 4.2 (NFSv4.2).  It describes the
level of protections that should be provided over protocol components
and the basic structure of the proposed system.  The intent here is
not to present the protocol changes but to describe the environment
in which they reside.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC