Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:09:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) SCSI Layout
        Author          : Christoph Hellwig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-07-25

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The SCSI Layout Type is defined in this document
   as an extension to pNFS to allow the use SCSI based block storage
   devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 17:13:25 +0200

This version contains the separatation from the original block layouts
RFC as discussed in Prague.  Additionally it shrinks the LAYOUTCOMMIT
payload by removing unused fields, again per rough consensus at the IETF
meeting.