Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-00.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 06:26:08 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 6:15 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-00.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues
Revision:       00
Title:          Issues Related to RPC-over-RDMA Internode Round-trips
Document date:  2016-04-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-00

Abstract:
   As currently designed and implemented, the RPC-over-RDMA protocol
   requires use of multiple internode round trips to process many common
   operations.  For example, NFS READ or WRITE operations require use of
   three internode round trips.  This document looks at this issue and
   discusses what can and what should be done to address it, both within
   the context of an extensible version of RPC-over-RDMA and possibly
   outside that framework.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat