Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 05:24:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) SCSI Layout
        Author          : Christoph Hellwig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-06-28

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The SCSI Layout Type is defined in this document
   as an extension to pNFS to allow the use SCSI based block storage
   devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:29:12 +0200

This contains feedback from the AD review, and one trivial looking but
important change that slipped through earlier:  We must use
"Exclusive Access – Registrants Only" reservations instead of
"Exclusive Access – All Registrants" to have a proper registration owner
so that MDS failover works properly.  The Linux implementations has been
doing this for a long time already, but I forgot to update the draft.
Thanks to Sridhar Balasubramanian for pointing this out.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 05:24:24AM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
---end quoted text---