Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:11:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : Network File System (NFS) Upper Layer Binding To RPC-Over-RDMA 
        Author          : Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-09-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies Upper Layer Bindings of Network File System
   (NFS) protocol versions to RPC-over-RDMA transports.  These bindings
   are required to enable RPC-based protocols such as NFS to use direct
   data placement on RPC-over-RDMA transports.  This document obsoletes
   RFC 5667.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:19:55 -0400

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-03.txt
> Date: September 28, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM EDT
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 

-03 reflects significant changes in rfc5667bis. Oddly, -02
seems to have disappeared when I submitted -03.

- The NFS version 3 ULB now includes auxiliary protocols

- The NFS version 4 ULB has an expanded discussion of COMPOUND,
a new discussion of READ_PLUS, a discussion of NFS sessions from
Dave Noveck, and a discussion of connection keep-alive

- The document has been re-organized to move the meat of the
ULB specifications together and toward the front of the document

--
Chuck Lever