Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: IETF 99 Final Agenda

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:32:02 -0700

As you have seen, the NFSv4 meeting is final and scheduled for July 20th,
Thursday, at 9:30.

Spencer S

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 5:09 PM
Subject: IETF 99 Final Agenda
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>

Hello Everyone!

The final agenda is now available. At this point only Area Directors can
submit changes in the form of a swap to [email-masked].

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/99/agenda.html
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/99/agenda.txt

While this is considered the final agenda for printing, changes may be made
to the agenda up until and during the meeting. Updates will be reflected on
the web version of the agenda.

Thank you!

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:33:35 -0400

Hi Spencer-

In the past, it's been challenging to give talks at these
meetings because the only view of the current slide is
_behind_ the presenter. We all end up talking over our
shoulder, away from the mic.

Would it be possible to provide a laptop or other device
on the speaker's podium so presenters can see the slides
and look at meeting attendees at the same time?

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 8:32 PM, spencer shepler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> As you have seen, the NFSv4 meeting is final and scheduled for July 20th, Thursday, at 9:30.
> 
> 
> Spencer S
> 
> 
> 
> The final agenda is now available. At this point only Area Directors can submit changes in the form of a swap to [email-masked].
> 
> While this is considered the final agenda for printing, changes may be made to the agenda up until and during the meeting. Updates will be reflected on the web version of the agenda.
> 
> Thank you!
> 
> IETF Secretariat
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 18:54:52 +0000

Chuck,

My suggestion would be to use your own laptop during the presentation and join/follow the meetecho for the room and that way you have the presentation slides that are being shared to everyone.

Btw: to the larger group, do we have anyone planning to present, slides, remotely?  Need to submit those requests prior to the meeting.

Spencer

-----Original Message-----
From: nfsv4 [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chuck Lever
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:34 AM
To: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] IETF 99 Final Agenda

Hi Spencer-

> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fmeeting%2F99%2Fagenda.html&data=02%7C01%7Csshepler%40microsoft.com%7C9e27f07447ae4eed0abd08d4bcc1df9c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636340988265186980&sdata=g%2FcuMJV17VSkQFglziyf6%2FuzFTlbln%2FWdtNMUEcqx6w%3D&reserved=0
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fmeeting%2F99%2Fagenda.txt&data=02%7C01%7Csshepler%40microsoft.com%7C9e27f07447ae4eed0abd08d4bcc1df9c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636340988265186980&sdata=u56lE8yHjUCsEkX1BbR6a6eClb7LLaJ6j5oE%2BgOIRbc%3D&reserved=0
> 
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnfsv4&data=02%7C01%7Csshepler%40microsoft.com%7C9e27f07447ae4eed0abd08d4bcc1df9c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636340988265186980&sdata=U2vAZ4WNx2BrvvolozAFvQKCHFEgkFF7jMMS2OnDr20%3D&reserved=0

--
Chuck Lever

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fnfsv4&data=02%7C01%7Csshepler%40microsoft.com%7C9e27f07447ae4eed0abd08d4bcc1df9c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636340988265186980&sdata=U2vAZ4WNx2BrvvolozAFvQKCHFEgkFF7jMMS2OnDr20%3D&reserved=0

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:10:07 -0400

It's also about time we put together an agenda for the working group
meeting.  The following talks have been mentioned on the list but I haven't
confirmed all of these recently;

   - There needs to be a re-charter discussion.  We have been assuming
   assuming this will take 30 minutes.  I have a set of slides which we will
   take about 10-15 minutes to present/discuss.  I don't know of any other
   presentations but feel there will be lots of other discussion and that we
   should allocate at least 30 minutes
   - Tom has requested 20 minutes to talk about flex-files.  I assume that
   is still his intention.
   - I'm assuming that I will need about 30 minutes for a talk about
   draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues and some follow-up documents arising from
   it.  I was originally assuming that Andy would use some of this time to
   talk about trunking-related issues but now it appears more likely that he
   will send me some slides about this and I will integrate them into my talk.
   - We had originally assumed that Chuck would take about 30 minutes to
   discuss next steps for RDMA.  Although Chuck agreed to cut this back to 20
   minutes, saying he didn't think people wanted to hear him "drone on", I
   find Chuck's presentations interesting and wonder if perhaps Chuck's
   feeling about audience response to his presentation might be due to the
   fact that he kept turning back to look at the slides :-).  In any case, I
   expect there to be considerable discussion of this topic so feel that
   allocating 30 minutes would be prudent.
   - Christoph has indicated a desire to talk about his NVMe work and
   possibly his early work on an rdma-oriented layout type.  If he does have
   material for both of these topics, the remaining 40 minutes might be kind
   of tight

Given that we are meeting Thursday, it might be possible to modify this
basic outline based on hallway discussions during the week.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Chuck Lever <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > While this is considered the final agenda for printing, changes may be
> made to the agenda up until and during the meeting. Updates will be
> reflected on the web version of the agenda.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > IETF Secretariat
> >
> >

---

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 00:26:29 +0200

>    material for both of these topics, the remaining 40 minutes might be kind

For NVMe I think I only need about 10 minutes.  For the RDMA layout
(for which I hope to post a draft before the deadline) I need a bit
more, but I still think 20 minutes should be plenty.

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:49:36 -0400

> On Jun 28, 2017, at 6:10 PM, David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 	• We had originally assumed that Chuck would take about 30 minutes to discuss next steps for RDMA.  Although Chuck agreed to cut this back to 20 minutes, saying he didn't think people wanted to hear him "drone on", I find Chuck's presentations interesting and wonder if perhaps Chuck's feeling about audience response to his presentation might be due to the fact that he kept turning back to look at the slides :-).  In any case, I expect there to be considerable discussion of this topic so feel that allocating 30 minutes would be prudent.

No objection to either 20 or 30 minutes.

--
Chuck Lever