Subject: [nfsv4] Review comments for WGLC of draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:49:33 -0400

This document appears to be mature and ready for publication.
Just a handful of housekeeping observations:

The material in sections 1.1 and 1.2 appears to be the same or
nearly the same as the material in Section 2 in
draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-layout. It would be nice if flex-files
could reference that document instead of including the repeated
material.

Section 3.1: the code copyright is 2012. Should it be updated
to 2017, or perhaps 2012-2017 ?

Has it been confirmed that the XDR code contained in the most
recent revision of this document compiles with rpcgen?

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 20:28:15 +0000

Thanks for the review Chuck!

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Chuck Lever <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Agreed, I just did not know which was going to pop first and did not
want to create a normative chain. I can hack it down.

> to 2017, or perhaps 2012-2017 ?

I never know about that part. :-)

> recent revision of this document compiles with rpcgen?

Except for the last change for the new flag, yes.

> 
> 
> --
> Chuck Lever
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>