Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 23:56:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
        Authors         : Manoj Naik
                          Marc Eshel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-08-22

Abstract:
   This document describes an OPTIONAL feature extending the NFSv4
   protocol which allows extended attributes (hereinafter also referred
   to as xattrs) to be interrogated and manipulated using NFSv4 clients.
    Xattrs are provided by a file system to associate opaque metadata,
   not interpreted by the file system, with files and directories.  Such
   support is present in many modern local file systems.  New file
   attributes are provided to allow clients to query the server for
   xattr support, with that support consisting of new operations to get
   and set xattrs on file system objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Manoj Naik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 22:54:50 +0000

This version of the draft fixes the issues pointed out by Tom:

-          Section 8.4.5
Add NFS4ERR_NOXATTR as a valid error for OP_GETXATTR, OP_SETXATTR, OP_LISTXATTRS, and OP_REMOVEXATTR.
Add NFS4ERR_XATTR2BIG as a valid error for OP_SETXATTR.

-          Section 8.3
Fix XDR so it compiles with rpcgen/gcc

-          Section 8.4.2.2 and 8.4.4.2
Replace “struct” with “union” in res args

-          Section 8.6

Add new cases for nfs_argop4 and nfs_resop4 operation arrays

Since version 06 of this document was already approved for publication, please post any objections to these changes to the list.

Manoj.

From: nfsv4 <[email-masked]> on behalf of "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 11:56 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07.txt

Abstract:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/>

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07>

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07<https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07>

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org>.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4>

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:22:38 -0700

Thanks, Manoj.

Putting a finer point on this: the I-D is technically done and in AUTH48
(very final editorial edits).

I am okay with making these updates at this point but if anyone at all is
uncomfortable with the changes and wants more time/review, then please say
so now.  If needed we will "pull back" the document and update/review as
appropriate.

And if you have been hiding under a rock, the HTML version of the document
with diff pointers is available here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07

Spencer (I-D shepherd)

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Manoj Naik <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Since version 06 of this document was already approved for publication,
> please post any objections to these changes to the list.
>
>
>
> Manoj.
>
>
>
> *From: *nfsv4 <[email-masked]> on behalf of "
> [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Date: *Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 11:56 PM
> *To: *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Cc: *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Subject: *[nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-07.txt
>
>
>
>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>
>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>
>

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 23:31:01 -0700

Will wait for responses to my original query until close-of-business, Wed,
Aug 30.

Spencer

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:54:57 -0700

We have closed on comments for this change.  Thank you.

Spencer

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:31 PM, spencer shepler <[email-masked]

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:22 PM, spencer shepler <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>
>> Thanks, Manoj.
>>
>> And if you have been hiding under a rock, the HTML version of the
>> document with diff pointers is available here: