Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 11:36:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network File System (NFS) Upper Layer Binding To RPC-Over-RDMA Version 1
        Author          : Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-08-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies Upper Layer Bindings of Network File System
   (NFS) protocol versions to RPC-over-RDMA version 1, enabling the use
   of Direct Data Placement.  This document obsoletes RFC 5667.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 14:42:03 -0400

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5667bis-12.txt
> Date: August 8, 2017 at 2:36:09 PM EDT
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 

This revision addresses AD Evaluation comments from Spencer Dawkins,
except for the comment on the Security Considerations section. Some
additional clean-ups were done which has resulted in section
renumbering.

Please review this revision to ensure the AD's comments have been
adequately addressed.

I plan to consider a replacement for the current Security
Considerations section, to be submitted within the next week as
revision -13.

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 15:15:05 -0400

> Please review this revision to ensure the AD's comments have been

The only things I noticed were nits connected with the shift from referring
to NFS RPC (version 2 and 3) "Programs" to making this singular since they
use the same program.  In any case:

   - This has gone from capital to lower-case which doesn't match the rest
   of the document
   - If you scan for the word "Programs", one finds that there a number of
   other places where this is similarly pluralized.

> Considerations section, to be submitted within the next week as

I'm not a triskadekaphobe but I did kind of wonder.  I looked at RFC8154
(the one that took a year after WGLC to get published) and it turns out to
have been a -10.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Chuck Lever <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 20:45:51 -0400

> On Aug 8, 2017, at 3:15 PM, David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> The only things I noticed were nits connected with the shift from referring to NFS RPC (version 2 and 3) "Programs" to making this singular since they use the same program.  In any case:
> 	• This has gone from capital to lower-case which doesn't match the rest of the document
> 	• If you scan for the word "Programs", one finds that there a number of other places where this is similarly pluralized.

Thanks, I will clean this up before -13.

> I'm not a triskadekaphobe but I did kind of wonder.  I looked at RFC8154 (the one that took a year after WGLC to get published) and it turns out to have been a -10. 
> 
> 

--
Chuck Lever