Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 8276 on File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 12:40:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8276

        Title:      File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4 
        Author:     M. Naik,
                    M. Eshel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 59644
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8276

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8276

This document describes an optional feature extending the NFSv4
protocol.  This feature allows extended attributes (hereinafter also
referred to as xattrs) to be interrogated and manipulated using NFSv4
clients.  Xattrs are provided by a file system to associate opaque
metadata, not interpreted by the file system, with files and
directories.  Such support is present in many modern local file
systems.  New file attributes are provided to allow clients to query
the server for xattr support, with that support consisting of new
operations to get and set xattrs on file system objects.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC