Subject: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-15.txt> (Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 14:15:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document: - 'Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible
File Layout'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-16 (this date has been extended to 
accommodate year-end holidays). Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The flexible file layout type is defined in this
   document as an extension to pNFS which allows the use of storage
   devices in a fashion such that they require only a quite limited
   degree of interaction with the metadata server, using already
   existing protocols.  Client-side mirroring is also added to provide
   replication of files.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.