Subject: [nfsv4] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8276 (5195)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 22:08:01 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8276,
"File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5195

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Mantas Mikulenas <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   Baloo, the file indexing and search framework for Key Distribution
   Exchange (KDE), has moved to storing metadata such as tags, ratings,
   and comments in file system xattrs instead of a custom database for
   simplicity.  Starting with KDE Plasma 5.1, NFS is no longer supported
   due to its lack of xattr support [KDE].

Corrected Text
--------------
   Baloo, the file indexing and search framework for K Desktop
   Environment (KDE), has moved to storing metadata such as tags,
   ratings, and comments in file system xattrs instead of a custom
   database for simplicity.  Starting with KDE Plasma 5.1, NFS is no
   longer supported due to its lack of xattr support [KDE].

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8276 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
Publication Date    : December 2017
Author(s)           : M. Naik, M. Eshel
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG