Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 08:55:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RDMA Connection Manager Private Data For RPC-Over-RDMA Version 1
        Author          : Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-07-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies the format of RDMA-CM Private Data exchanged
   between RPC-over-RDMA version 1 peers as a transport connection is
   established.  Such private data is used to indicate peer support for
   remote invalidation and larger-than-default inline thresholds.  The
   data format is extensible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:09:46 -0400

> On Jul 25, 2018, at 11:55 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 

draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data is the initial revision of the
WG version of draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-msg. This new document
replaces the personal draft, which I will allow to expire.

There are two primary changes from the personal draft in response
to suggestions made during IETF 102:

 - A request for IANA to create a registry of "magic numbers" identifying
   the data that appears in the RDMA CM private data.

 - A discussion of how the RPC/RDMA CM private data interoperates with
   other transports and ULPs that utilize CM private data. More may be
   needed here.

In addition, there have been editorial clarifications and a substantial
reorganization of the document.

The data structure defined in this document has been prototyped in Linux and we expect to see at least one additional independent implementation.
I intend to pursue eventual publication of this document as an
Informational RFC (its current intended status is Informational).

Thanks to Spencer S. for approving the submission of this document!

--
Chuck Lever