Subject: [nfsv4] Going forward on multi-server namespace docs

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 04:53:42 -0400

I gave a presentation on these Monday at the working group meeting.

For those who didn't attend, I'll summarize our plans with regard to
getting to
WGLC for these documents.   If you need more background, the slides from my
talk can be reached from the meeting materials links in the IETF 102 agenda
at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda.

For draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues --

-15 is has been about a month out and should be quite close to being

WGLC-ready.   If you disagree or have other commments, please send

mail to the list by 8/10.

I will be producing a -16 that addresses any comments received and also

notes the issue that Rick Macklem brought up regarding the rca_one_fs
field of RECLAIM_COMPLETE.

Since this document will only note that the RECLAIM_COMPLETE issues exist

(and doesn't have to solve them), I don't expect much controversy.  As a
result,

I expect to request WGLC on -16.

For draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update:

Chuck submitted -01 Monday.  The changes from -00 are not that big.

It looks lke this document is close to WGLC so please send any comments

you have about this document to the working group list.

For draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update:

-01 has been out about a month.  Any review/comments that people have
would be helpful.   There will be a -02 out in around a month that will
address
comments received about -01 and also addresses the RECLAIM_COMPLETE
issues.  I'd appreciate any comments people have about -01 or -02 and will
submit new versions as necessary.  Because of the size of this document, it
will
take a while to get to WGLC

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:51:44 -0400

> On Jul 20, 2018, at 4:53 AM, David Noveck <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> For those who didn't attend, I'll summarize our plans with regard to getting to
> talk can be reached from the meeting materials links in the IETF 102 agenda at 
> (and doesn't have to solve them), I don't expect much controversy.  As a result,

Along with this submission I requested WGLC. If Spencer accepts this request,
comments on -01 can be made as part of WGLC. Thanks.

> would be helpful.   There will be a -02 out in around a month that will address
> submit new versions as necessary.  Because of the size of this document, it will 

--
Chuck Lever

---

From: spencer shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:19:02 -0700

The various WGLC plans look great.

Chuck, I will send out the WGLC on your draft to get that started.

Spencer

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 6:51 AM Chuck Lever <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>