Subject: [nfsv4] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7530 (5472)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 05:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7530,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5472

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Tigran Mkrtchyan <[email-masked]>

Section: 10.2.1

Original Text
-------------
   When NFS4ERR_EXPIRED is returned, the server MAY retain information
   about the delegations held by the client, deleting those that are
   invalidated by a conflicting request.  Retaining such information
   will allow the client to recover all non-invalidated delegations
   using the claim type CLAIM_DELEGATE_PREV, once the
   SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM is done to recover.  Attempted recovery of a
   delegation that the client has no record of, typically because they
   were invalidated by conflicting requests, will result in the error
   NFS4ERR_BAD_RECLAIM.  Once a reclaim is attempted for all delegations
   that the client held, it SHOULD do a DELEGPURGE to allow any
   remaining server delegation information to be freed.

Corrected Text
--------------
   When NFS4ERR_EXPIRED is returned, the server MAY retain information
   about the delegations held by the client, deleting those that are
   invalidated by a conflicting request.  Retaining such information
   will allow the client to recover all non-invalidated delegations
   using the claim type CLAIM_DELEGATE_PREV, once the
   SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM is done to recover.  Attempted recovery of a
   delegation that the client has no record of, typically because they
   were invalidated by conflicting requests, will result in the error
   NFS4ERR_RECLAIM_BAD.  Once a reclaim is attempted for all delegations
   that the client held, it SHOULD do a DELEGPURGE to allow any
   remaining server delegation information to be freed.

Notes
-----
The defined error code is NFS4ERR_RECLAIM_BAD

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7530 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-35)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol
Publication Date    : March 2015
Author(s)           : T. Haynes, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG