Subject: [nfsv4] [Errata Verified] RFC5661 (5467)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 14:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5661,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5467

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-08-17
Verified by: Spencer Dawkins (IESG)

Section: 15.2

Original Text
-------------
   | LAYOUTGET            | NFS4ERR_ACCESS, NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADIOMODE, NFS4ERR_BADLAYOUT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADXDR, NFS4ERR_BAD_STATEID,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, NFS4ERR_DELAY,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DELEG_REVOKED, NFS4ERR_DQUOT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_FHEXPIRED, NFS4ERR_GRACE,          |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_INVAL, NFS4ERR_IO,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTTRYLATER,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTUNAVAILABLE, NFS4ERR_LOCKED, |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_MOVED, NFS4ERR_NOFILEHANDLE,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_NOSPC, NFS4ERR_NOTSUPP,            |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID, NFS4ERR_OPENMODE,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RECALLCONFLICT,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG_TO_CACHE,              |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REQ_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP, NFS4ERR_ROFS,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_SERVERFAULT, NFS4ERR_STALE,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_TOOSMALL, NFS4ERR_TOO_MANY_OPS,    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_UNKNOWN_LAYOUTTYPE,                |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE                         |

Corrected Text
--------------
   | LAYOUTGET            | NFS4ERR_ACCESS, NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADIOMODE, NFS4ERR_BADLAYOUT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADXDR, NFS4ERR_BAD_STATEID,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, NFS4ERR_DELAY,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DELEG_REVOKED, NFS4ERR_DQUOT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_EXPIRED, NFS4ERR_FHEXPIRED,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_GRACE, NFS4ERR_INVAL, NFS4ERR_IO,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTTRYLATER,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTUNAVAILABLE, NFS4ERR_LOCKED, |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_MOVED, NFS4ERR_NOFILEHANDLE,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_NOSPC, NFS4ERR_NOTSUPP,            |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID, NFS4ERR_OPENMODE,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RECALLCONFLICT,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG_TO_CACHE,              |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REQ_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP, NFS4ERR_ROFS,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_SERVERFAULT, NFS4ERR_STALE,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_TOOSMALL, NFS4ERR_TOO_MANY_OPS,    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_UNKNOWN_LAYOUTTYPE,                |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE                         |

Notes
-----
LAYOUTGET takes a stateid argument that can represent either a layout or a delegation,
or open/lock state. As such, it needs to be able to report back when the state represented
by that stateid has expired.

(Verified on NFSv4 mailing list)

--------------------------------------
RFC5661 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : S. Shepler, Ed., M. Eisler, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG