Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:16:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 Migration and Trunking: Implementation and Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2018-08-21

Abstract:
   This document discusses a range of implementation and specification
   issues concerning features related to the use of location-related
   attributes in NFSv4.  These include migration, which transfers
   responsibility for a file system from one server to another, and
   trunking which deals with the discovery and control of the set of
   server endpoints to use to access a file system.  The focus of the
   discussion, which relates to multiple minor versions, is on defining
   the appropriate clarifications and corrections for existing
   specifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 15:40:55 -0400

I'd like to request that we  start working group last call for this
document.   Please note that, once WGLC concludes, it should not be assumed
that we will necessarily be requesting publication.   As was discussed at
Ietf102, we might decide that it is not worth the effort to publish this
document, as it is likely that the substance that implementers will need to
be aware of will be available, in a more complete and detailed form, in
RFCs based on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunkimg-update (just completed WGLC)
and  draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update (expect to start WGLC in a few
months)..

In any case, we will need, as part of WGLC, to consider whether this
document has addressed all the issues in this area, rather than necessarily
consiidering its readiness for publication as an RFC.  I anticipate the
working group reaching a decision on going forward with publication soon
after completion of WGLC.
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 3:17 PM
Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the
IETF.

        Title           : NFSv4 Migration and Trunking: Implementation and
Specification Issues
        Authors         : David Noveck
                          Piyush Shivam
                          Charles Lever
                          Bill Baker
        Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-migration-issues-16.txt
        Pages           : 55
        Date            : 2018-08-21

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4