Subject: [nfsv4] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5661 (5467)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5661,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5467

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>

Section: 15.2

Original Text
-------------
   | LAYOUTGET            | NFS4ERR_ACCESS, NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADIOMODE, NFS4ERR_BADLAYOUT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADXDR, NFS4ERR_BAD_STATEID,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, NFS4ERR_DELAY,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DELEG_REVOKED, NFS4ERR_DQUOT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_FHEXPIRED, NFS4ERR_GRACE,          |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_INVAL, NFS4ERR_IO,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTTRYLATER,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTUNAVAILABLE, NFS4ERR_LOCKED, |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_MOVED, NFS4ERR_NOFILEHANDLE,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_NOSPC, NFS4ERR_NOTSUPP,            |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID, NFS4ERR_OPENMODE,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RECALLCONFLICT,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG_TO_CACHE,              |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REQ_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP, NFS4ERR_ROFS,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_SERVERFAULT, NFS4ERR_STALE,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_TOOSMALL, NFS4ERR_TOO_MANY_OPS,    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_UNKNOWN_LAYOUTTYPE,                |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE                         |

Corrected Text
--------------
   | LAYOUTGET            | NFS4ERR_ACCESS, NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADIOMODE, NFS4ERR_BADLAYOUT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_BADXDR, NFS4ERR_BAD_STATEID,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, NFS4ERR_DELAY,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_DELEG_REVOKED, NFS4ERR_DQUOT,      |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_EXPIRED, NFS4ERR_FHEXPIRED,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_GRACE, NFS4ERR_INVAL, NFS4ERR_IO,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTTRYLATER,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_LAYOUTUNAVAILABLE, NFS4ERR_LOCKED, |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_MOVED, NFS4ERR_NOFILEHANDLE,       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_NOSPC, NFS4ERR_NOTSUPP,            |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID, NFS4ERR_OPENMODE,     |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION,                 |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RECALLCONFLICT,                    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG_TO_CACHE,              |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_REQ_TOO_BIG,                       |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_RETRY_UNCACHED_REP, NFS4ERR_ROFS,  |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_SERVERFAULT, NFS4ERR_STALE,        |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_TOOSMALL, NFS4ERR_TOO_MANY_OPS,    |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_UNKNOWN_LAYOUTTYPE,                |
   |                      | NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE                         |

Notes
-----
LAYOUTGET takes a stateid argument that can represent either a layout or a delegation,
or open/lock state. As such, it needs to be able to report back when the state represented
by that stateid has expired.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5661 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : S. Shepler, Ed., M. Eisler, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Noveck, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:46:51 +0000

> If necessary, please use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. 

Should be verified.

> When a decision is reached, 

Not clear how that happens.

> the verifying party can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

Not sure who that is.  Will the "verifying party" please identify  himself or herself.

-----Original Message-----
From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:18 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Noveck, David <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5661 (5467)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5661, "Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol".

Section: 15.2

Original Text
-------------

Corrected Text
--------------

Notes
-----
LAYOUTGET takes a stateid argument that can represent either a layout or a delegation, or open/lock state. As such, it needs to be able to report back when the state represented by that stateid has expired.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

---

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:18:19 +0200

The responsible AD (Spencer Dawkins) is responsible to verify the errata in the system.

> Am 17.08.2018 um 13:46 schrieb Noveck, David <[email-masked]>:
>