Subject: [nfsv4] RFC 8435 on Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 14:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8435

        Title:      Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout
        Author:     B. Halevy, 
                    T. Haynes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 98505
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8435

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8435

Parallel NFS (pNFS) allows a separation between the metadata (onto a
metadata server) and data (onto a storage device) for a file.  The
flexible file layout type is defined in this document as an extension
to pNFS that allows the use of storage devices that require only a
limited degree of interaction with the metadata server and use
already-existing protocols.  Client-side mirroring is also added to
provide replication of files.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC