Subject: [NGO] FW: Nomcom 2007-8: Nominations Deadline Extended to Sep 17, 2007

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:12:58 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshminath Dondeti [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: Nominations Deadline Extended to Sep 17, 2007

Folks,

Many of you responded well to the reminder calls for nominations sent
recently.  There was also an up-tick in the nominations acceptances as
well (in some cases).  The nomcom appreciates the community's response
very much.

However, we are still short in a few areas; at the moment, we have the
following numbers of nominations: 3 4 4 6 6 10 12 21 44 (some of these
folks have already rejected the nominations; I haven't had the time to
update the numbers yet).

The numbers on acceptances are still *very* low; in 3 (or may be 4)
areas, we have only ONE candidate so far.

In the discussions on this topic, it was argued that folks may be still
returning from their summer vacations.  Some candidates have hinted that
it may take some more time to get the necessary approvals.  Keeping
those considerations in mind, I am extending the nominations deadline to
Sep 17, 2007 AOE.  Candidates are requested to consider the chance to
serve the IETF and accept the nominations.  The questionnaires are now
due Sep 24, 2007 AOE.

Here is the link to nominate: 
https://tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/07/nominate
You may also send nominations or comments via email to [email-masked]
or [email-masked].

thanks,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo