Subject: [NGO] CANMOD BOF description

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:43:24 -0500

Hi Randy,

I don't know how it got added, but can you remove
draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-00 from the Input documents in
the CANMOD agenda? 

The CANMOD target is for the BOF to recommend how NETCONF data
modeling work should proceed. There is no consensus in the Netconf
community that XSD should be the DML of choice, or that Netconf data
models should show fidelity to SMIv2.

The editors of draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-00 (and -01-)
did not ask that it be part of CANMOD, are not prepared to defend it
as a valid approach to doing NETCONF data modeling, and do not believe
it should be presented as a valid approach to doing NETCONF data
modeling. This is an OPSAWG draft, and the requirement to be met by
the XSD in this draft is fidelity of the expression of management
information described in and accessible via SMI Management Information
Base (MIB) modules as XML documents. It is not designed for doing
configuration via NETCONF.

Thanks,
David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
NGO mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo