Subject: [Nsis-imp] possible GIST open issues

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:52:17 +0200

Hi Robert

Mayi  Zoumaro Djayoon, Martijn Swanink and myself are implementing the 
NSIS protocol suite using the QoS-NSLP and GIST
(v.05) specification. This also includes the stateless/statefull
functionalities as well as the RMD-QOS model.

During this implementation phase we identified certain GIMPS (GIST)
issues that we consider that they are still open, even in the last
version of GIST.

These issues are as follows:

Issues related to NSLP-GIST API:
--------------------------------
Issue_1: (SetStateLifetime): Among the information that the
SetStaLifetime's parameters provides to GIMPS, there is none that
enables GIMPS to identify the SetStaLifetime's initiator (the NSLP
which has initiated the SetStateLifetime's primitive).
We think that it will be useful to include the NSLP-ID in this service
primitive. This service primitive will then become:
SetStateLifetime(MRI, StateLifetime, NSLP-ID)

Issue_2: When the GIST aggregation operation is applied in a node then it
is necessary that QoS-NSLP should have the possibility to notify GIST
the message aggregation level. In other words the QoS-NSLP must be able
to identify which QoS-NSLP messages are associated with a higher
aggregation level and which QoS-NSLP messages are associated with a
lower aggregation level. In order to accomplish this a variable, e.g.,
"AggLevel" must be carried by the SendMessage primitive

Issue related to bypass/forwarding level
---------------------------------------
Issue_3: (bypassforwarding): The exact information that should be
encapsulated in the router alert value is still an open issue.

Best Regards,
Georgios
_______________________________________________
NSIS-imp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis-imp