Subject: [NSIS] Requirement Section 5.3.2

From: "Georgios Karagiannis (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:42:47 +0100

Hi Marcus

Regarding requirement in Section 5.3.2:

"Ability to signal life-time of a reservation":

The problem that I have with this requirement is that it will 
increase the complexity of the functionality related to the soft 
state (refresh) principle in a node.
Please note that the soft state refresh principle is used
to somehow solve unexpected changes in the network, e.g., route changes
that are independent of the lifetime of a reservation.
Therefore, I do not think that the lifetime of the reservation 
should affect the duration of the soft state refresh.
Please remove it!

Best regards,
Georgios

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Steven Berson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:30:28 -0800 (PST)

Georgios,

I am not sure if it is a good idea to support reservation life-times, 
but at this time, it does not seem like a good idea to preclude it.  
Also, the reservation life-time is not necessarily related to the 
soft-state refresh timer.

Steve