Subject: [NSIS] New requirements draft before interim meeting?

From: "Geib, Ruediger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:34:49 +0200

Hello Marcus,

you've mentioned that you already plan a new version of the NSIS requirements draft. The agenda for the interim meeting however lists version 01, so the next version won't get available before the interim?

Regards, Rüdiger

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:45:02 +0200

Ruediger,

Thanks for the hint. I think I am not able to submit a complete new draft, 
but I hope to extend the issues list from -01 with all the issues, which 
came up in the mailing list.

Marcus

--On Monday, May 13, 2002 9:34 AM +0200 "Geib, Ruediger" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello Marcus,
>
> you've mentioned that you already plan a new version of the NSIS
> requirements draft. The agenda for the interim meeting however lists
> version 01, so the next version won't get available before the interim?
>
> Regards, Rüdiger

--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:27:42 +0200

So, finally I was able to spend some little time to submit a new version 
(-02) of the req draft. There has not much changed (see Change log below).

Basically, I tried to add some of the points, which came up on the list. 
Feel free to add more, if we need to discuss them in Helsinki.

For early birds, the draft can be found on
http://www.brubers.org/marcus/papers/draft-ietf-nsis-req-02.txt

Change Log Version 01 -> 02
- added issues 62-72

- added some discussion text to open issues

- req " highest possible network utilization" added (issue 33, closed)

- issues closed: 34 (UMTS scenarios), 35 (PSTN gatway scenarios),

- removed req "Avoid duplication of [sub]domain signaling functions", issue 
51

- Section 5.3.4: added explanation of recoverable and unrecoverable errors 
(issue 53)

- added the following requirement: (closed issue 55) Allow local QoS 
information exchange between nodes of the saeme administrative domain

The QoS signaling protocol must be able to exchange local QoS information 
between QoS controllers located within one single domain. Local QoS 
information might, for example, be IP addresses, severe congestion 
notification, notification of successful or erroneous processing of QoS 
signaling messages.
In some cases, the NSIS QoS signalling protocol may carry identification of 
the QoS controllers located at the boundaries of a domain. However, the 
identification of edge should not be visible to the end host (QoS 
initiator) and only applies within one QoS administrative domain.

- closed issue 57: add text about "Minimal impact on interior (core) nodes" 
to requirement 5.6.8 "Ability to constrain load on devices"

- added requirement "Allow efficient QoS re-establishment after handover", 
closed issue 60.

- changed text in 5.3.2