Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-kan-qos-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 07:34:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Two-plane and Three-tier QoS Framework for Mobile IPv6
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Kan, J. Ma
	Filename	: draft-kan-qos-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 10-May-02
	
This document proposes a 'two-plane three-tier' QoS framework for 
mobile IPv6 networks. In this framework the Access Networks are 
connected with wired backbone through default routers. QoS policies 
which are implemented in inter-Administration Domains (between Qos 
Agents) and intra-Administration (between QoS Agent and Local QoS 
Agents) and QoS negotiations are in the control plane. User data is 
transported in the transport plane. COPS/Diameter is used for 
exchanging QoS policies.  
Three-Tier QoS mechanisms mean that QoS mechanisms should be done 
in three levels. The first level is Inter-Administration Domain QoS 
mechanisms across neighboring Administration Domains, and the 
second level is Intra-Administration Domain QoS mechanisms inside 
each Administration Domain while the third level is edge QoS 
negotiation and end-to-end QoS negotiation. The aggregate traffic 
crossing Administration Domain borders is served according to 
relatively stable, long-lived bilateral agreements. End-to-end QoS 
support is achieved through the concatenation of such bilateral 
agreements.   
QoS signalings are independent of the proposed framework. As an 
example, the extended Mobile IPv6 signalings that include Binding 
Update, Binding Request, and Binding Acknowledge are used for end-
to-end QoS negotiations and resource advance reservation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kan-qos-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kan-qos-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kan-qos-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.