Subject: [NSIS] requirements draft and NSIS "product"

From: "Freytsis, Ilya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:21:28 -0400

All,

It took me for a while till I realized that my biggest problem with this
draft is presented in its first statement: "This document defines
requirements for signaling QoS across different network environments". I
could not find the answer to the question - what is QoS signaling? Is it a
protocol, collection of inter-working protocols (signaling architecture) or
something different all together? Furthermore, without giving an answer to
this question we have dived into the discussion of detailed requirements to
... whatever people have in their minds. The lack of clarity (at least in my
mind) on this subject makes me feel often at odds with some pieces of the
document while I am in the full agreement with others. It seems that the
clarity and precision of the statements acceptable for the group charter are
not sufficient to move forward requirements (followed by the framework). 
Am I missing something and this subject has been already discussed and
agreed upon? I'll appreciate if somebody can clarify it for me.
If I am not alone in my concerns I would like to start the interim meeting
in Helsinki with this discussion. To have a meaningful requirement you
should know how you could tell whether it is met or not. Without clearly
defining the "product" it is not simply possible.

Best regards,
Ilya Freytsis

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis