Subject: [NSIS] Yet another new draft. Happy reading!

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:21:16 +0200

Hi,

Yesterday, I submitted the following to the I-D folks.  It's an
update which tries to take changes in the requirements draft
into consideration in analyzing existing QoS solutions.

   Title     : Analysis of Existing QoS Solutions
   Author(s) : P. O'Hanlon, et. al
   Filename  : draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-01.txt
   Pages     : 54
   Date      : 16-May-2002

This memo provides a brief analysis of existing IP quality of
service (QoS) solutions and the implied signalling issues. This
analysis is intended to point out open issues in QoS signalling.
Moreover, this analysis is done in order to understand whether
the strict QoS requirements imposed by future fixed and mobile
applications are satisfied by the existing IP QoS solutions.
The existing IP QoS solutions can be categorized as follows:

  * End-to-end per-flow resource reservation protocols

  * Integrated Services over Differentiated Services

  * Statically assigned trunk reservations based on
    Differentiated Services

  * Dynamic trunk reservations with Aggregated RSVP

For the impatient, you'll find the draft at:

http://standards.ericsson.net/partain/documents/draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-01.txt

It should show up in the I-D repository soon.

Cheers,

David

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis