Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt (fwd)

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:30:36 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

	The concepts presented in this draft were one item for the Interim
meeting. The work is still ongoing, but hopefully the draft succeeds in
giving a reasonable view of the need and concepts of a localized
signalling and our rough technical solution. Hopefully the ideas would 
provide usefull for the work in NSIS.

	Best regards,

	Jukka

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:11:21 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Localized RSVP
	Author(s)	: J. Manner et al.
	Filename	: draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 14-May-02
	
Guaranteed QoS for multimedia applications is based on reserved
resources in each node on the end-to-end path. For stationary nodes
this may be achieved but not so easily for mobile nodes. Many
multimedia applications become less useful if the continuity of QoS
is disturbed due to end-to-end signalling or slow re-reservations of
resources after each handover. Additionally, if the correspondent
node does not support QoS, it would be useful to be able to reserve
at least local resources, especially wireless link resources.  This
draft proposes small modifications to RSVP, so that initial resource
reservations and re-reservations due to host mobility can be done
locally in an access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis