Subject: [NSIS] requirements draft -03

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:40:46 +0200

Dear NSIS-friends,

I submitted the -03 version of the requirements draft yesterday (Monday) 
but due to E-Mail problems too late. So potatially it will not show up on 
the ftp, sorry for that. Nevertheless, you can get it here

http://www.brubers.org/marcus/papers/draft-ietf-nsis-req-03.txt

Changes are based on discussion of open issues at the interim meeting.
The still open issues include

- resilience issues (see draft-vandenbosch-nsis-resilience-00.txt)

- security issues (IMO are now very readable with the help of Hannes and 
with the requested threat analysis, draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt)

- sender/receiver initiation (see also framework work)

- MUST/SHOULDs, actually looking over the requirements, there are only a 
small set of requirements, which depend on the parts of the network. So 
currently I tend to change my mind on how to write down the MUST. I 
currently tend to immediatly include the MUSTS/SHOULDs into the reqirements 
text, and only where necessary put MUSTs depending on the part of the 
network.

Marcus
--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:40:05 +0300

Hi all,

> http://www.brubers.org/marcus/papers/draft-ietf-nsis-req-03.txt

I would suggest a careful read of this document, I would like to
see if we could start a working group last call on this version,
when it is published.

thanks,
John