Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NSIS Threats
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig
	Filename	: draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
As the work in the NSIS working has begun to describe requirements 
and the framework people started thinking about possible security 
implication. This document should provide a starting point for the 
discussion at the NSIS working group mailing list regarding the 
security issues that have to be addressed by a protocol or within 
the framework. This document does not describe vulnerabilities of a 
particular protocol or threats of published NSIS framework 
proposals. This memo is furthermore meant to create awareness for 
security issues within the NSIS group. Security requirements related 
to the threat scenarios are described in [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-threats-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.