Subject: [NSIS] Drafts on RSVP / NSIS and mobility

From: "Charles Q. Shen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:16:09 +0800

Hi,

We have made an updated version of our RSVP-Mobile IPv6 Draft. A few issues 
related to NSIS and mobility is also discussed in a separate draft. The 
abstracts for these two drafts are as follows:

1. Mobility Extensions to RSVP in an RSVP-Mobile IPv6 Framework 
<draft-shen-nsis-rsvp-mobileipv6-00.txt>

Abstract This memo first gives a brief review of a RSVP and Mobile IPv6 
interoperation framework proposed in [1] and compared its features with the 
Performance Requirements set forth by Requirements of a QoS Solution for 
Mobile IP [2]. The subsequent part of the memo presents specification 
details including message formats, processing rules and algorithms that 
form the framework. The vast majority of these specifications has been 
verified by a prototype implementation. It is expected that this work could 
serve as a useful input in dealing with NSIS protocol and mobility issue.

2. Several Framework Issues Regarding NSIS and Mobility 
<draft-shen-nsis-mobility-fw-00.txt>

Abstract This memo discusses several framework issues related to Next Step 
In Signaling (NSIS) and mobility interaction. The first issue is related to 
handoff impact on NSIS operation. We present several general requirements 
for NSIS and mobility, followed by evaluation of how specific approaches 
using Mobile IP or other mechanisms might fit into the picture. Other 
issues covered include NSIS and mobility signaling layering and soft-state 
management.

They are available also at the following links:

http://www.icr.a-star.edu.sg/~shenqi/reports/draft-shen-nsis-rsvp-mobileipv6-00.txt

http://www.icr.a-star.edu.sg/~shenqi/reports/draft-shen-nsis-mobility-fw-00.txt

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Charles

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis