Subject: RE: [NSIS] middlebox drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:49:47 +0300

Hi Melinda,

> I was a little surprised to see the middlebox draft show
> up on the agenda for the Yokohama meeting.  

At this point, I don't think that we need to worry about
solutions, but at this point the possibility that NSIS may
be used for other things.

> Those interested
> in that topic may want to have a look at my drafts on using
> an RSVP-like protocol for middlebox communications, which I
> think, frankly, are more detailed and contain more analysis
> and evaluation.  They are:
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-friendly-mi
> dcom-01.txt
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-tist-prot-00.txt
> 
> The protocol draft is not offered up for standardization 
> purposes but more as a proof-of-concept exercise.
> 
> As a reminder, the TIST BOF, which focuses on using an RSVP-
> like protocol for middlebox communication, will be Monday
> evening from 19:30-2200.

And I recommend that everyone interested in this attend the
session.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis