Subject: [NSIS] Internet Draft on 2-level signaling architecture

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:24:02 GMT

I am on the NSIS agenda to talk briefly about my Internet Draft
"A Two-Level Architecture for Internet Signaling",
draft-braden-2level-signaling-00.txt, in Yokahama.

Unfortunately, this draft has just expired (sorry to have not noticed
that before.)  It is available on the RSVP web page
(http://www.isi.edu/rsvp) under "Publication", then "RSVP-Related
Internet Drafts".  Or you can find it at
http://www.isi.edu/~braden/draft-braden-2level-signaling-00.txt.

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:25:05 +0200

Bob,

I have a comment regarding the usage of Ack/NAck message in your 
draft. I think one may use Ack/NAck either functionally or only 
informatively:

- if one desires a quickest way to re-adjust/release 
installed states, it might be benificial for the last hop which
deals with NEW (Mod?) message to piggyback some target (e.g., 
bottleneck capacity found of the route for Ack, or the IP address
of the last failed hop), to do re-adjust or release in the 
reverse route. For NAck message it is mentioned in your
draft, but I suspect Ack message can also be used this way.
Whether to enable this capability could be indicated by the 
NEW/Mod message. This also implies PHOP information 
is needed in the states.

- if one want a unified way to create/mod/remove from one single
direction, Ack/NAck could be just informative, and will be returned
silently to the initiator(, then a new Mod/Tear process could be
started by the initiator).

Cheers,
Xiaoming