Subject: [NSIS] RSVPv2 - potential interest draft

From: "Vlora Rexhepi (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:58:40 +0200

Hi All,

Just to let you know that for some time now we have submitted 
a "A Proposal for RSVPv2" draft, which may be of potential interest
to this WG. 
We will very much appreciate your feedback and comments on the draft.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-00.txt

Regards,
Vlora
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:36:00 -0400

Two big problems:

1) There is not a clear separation between protocol and
application, as was agreed to in July, and 2) continuing to
specify QoS signaling objects as mandatory data elements
renders the protocol unsuitable for extension - it's the
only real limitation that RSVPv1 has for use as a middlebox
signaling protocol, for example.

I would prefer to see a new version of RSVP over the
introduction of a new protocol, but I do think we must take
particular care that a new RSVP version answers complaints
about the existing one.

Melinda