Subject: RE: [NSIS] RSVPv2 - potential interest draft

From: "Vlora Rexhepi (ELN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:53:42 +0200

Hi Melinda,

|1) There is not a clear separation between protocol and
|application, as was agreed to in July, and 2) continuing to
|specify QoS signaling objects as mandatory data elements
|renders the protocol unsuitable for extension - it's the
|only real limitation that RSVPv1 has for use as a middlebox
|signaling protocol, for example.
True. In this proposal the layering is not obvious. 
However we do propose a hierarchical object structure and network 
usage profiles that will determine the structuring of objects
and their processing in the routers.

|I would prefer to see a new version of RSVP over the
|introduction of a new protocol, but I do think we must take
|particular care that a new RSVP version answers complaints
|about the existing one.
Agree. This draft is our first attempt in this direction.

Regards,
Vlora
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis