Subject: Re: terminology: "peer" or "neighbo[u]r"? (was: RE: [NSIS] framework discussion)

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:15:00 GMT

*> "session," as above).  "Neighbor" is easily understood in
  *> the context of the NSIS layer and might become confusing

"NSIS layer"?  Does that mean the CSTP layer?

Bob

  *> *only* if you have trouble keeping your layers straight
  *> (however, of course, people involved with the IETF never
  *> have trouble keeping their layers sorted out, right? :-)).
  *> 
  *> Melinda
  *> 
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:51:34 -0400

> "NSIS layer"?  Does that mean the CSTP layer?

How about "appropriate"?  You might say that an application
neighbor or node is invisible to the layer above it and
irrelevant to the layer below it, where by "application" we
can mean anything from IP to NSIS to VoIP.

Melinda