Subject: [NSIS] Bandwidth Efficiency of Different Reservation Concepts

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:17:21 +0100

Hi all,

recently we have finished some investigations comparing the potential 
bandwidth utilization for different resource reservation concepts. The 
studies are independent of protocol issues in the sense that protocols 
are classified according to the way bandwidth is utilized, e.g. there is 
the link-by-link resource reservation like the IntServ paradigm, the 
tunneling approach like RFC3175, or DiffServ-like Admission Control for 
an enitre network. This performance aspect is not covered in the 
analysis draft but the basic protocol design affects the bandwidth 
efficiency significantly. In any case, I think that the following papers 
are of interest to many people on the nsis list.

http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/TR/tr308.pdf
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/menth/Publications/ResilientNAC_COST03029.pdf

Kind regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Menth
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room A212
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~menth

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis