Subject: [NSIS] WG Last Called on draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 06:59:01 +0300

Hi all,

I discussed with the editor of the draft, and it was felt that work
has been more-or-less complete on this document.  I would like to
start a working last call on this draft, starting Wednesday October
8th, running through October 22nd.  I believe Robert has set-up a
tracking tool for issues raised; I will let him handle the details
for submitting issues, etc.

Thanks,
John	

-----Original Message-----
From: ext [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 29 September, 2003 22:38
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Next Steps in Signaling: Framework
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2003-9-29
	
The Next Steps in Signaling working group is considering protocols 
for signaling information about a data flow along its path in the 
network. Based on existing work on signaling requirements, this 
document proposes an architectural framework for such signaling 
protocols. 
This document provides a model for the network entities that take 
part in such signaling, and the relationship between signaling and 
the rest of network operation. We decompose the overall signaling 
protocol suite into a generic (lower) layer, with a separate upper 
layers for each specific signaling application. An initial proposal 
for the split between these layers is given, describing the overall 
functionality of the lower layer, and discussing the ways that upper 
layer behavior can be adapted to specific signaling application 
requirements. 
This framework also considers the general interactions between 
signaling and other network layer functions, specifically routing and 
mobility. The different routing and mobility events that impact 
signaling operation are described, along with how their handling 
should be divided between the generic and application-specific 
layers. Finally, an example signaling application (for Quality of 
Service) is described in more detail.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:27:43 +0100

hi john, all,

we would like to use an issue tracking tool for this process, and
you can find it at 
http://nsis.srmr.co.uk/cgi-bin/roundup.cgi/nsis-issues/index

use of the tool should be pretty self explanatory:
- make sure you browse and add issues for the right document (v4, 
  not v3!)
- you can browse issues anonymously, but to take part you have to
  create yourself a username (the 'Register' link at the left)
- you will find that once an issue has been created, some changes
  in status can only be made by the editor (that's me, btw)

i will poll the tool fairly frequently to see what is going on.
ideally i'd like to keep the discussion of particular issues
within the tool (since that's easier for me to decode than N
interleaved email threads with misleading subject lines).

the tool is a locally customised version of Roundup, which has
been/is being used in several other IETF groups. if you have 
comments or queries about the way the tool is being used, or other
problems, you can send them to me and chris lang (who set it up), 
(off the list, I guess). there is more information on roundup at
http://roundup.sourceforge.net.

cheers,

robert h.

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 04:59
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [NSIS] WG Last Called on draft-ietf-nsis-fw-04.txt
> 
> 
> Hi all,
>