Subject: RE: [NSIS] RMD in the Analysis draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:54:43 +0300

Hi Jukka,

> As an editor of the draft, I don't want to be pressured from individual
> groups supporting their protocols (no offense intended, and you are not
> the only one trying to pressure me), but rather want to see the WG ask for
> new content to the draft. I am trying to do what the whole WG, or most of
> the people, some rough consensus, wants. I am happy to do what the WG, the
> Chair, or the ADs want to be done. I am not happy to do what small
> individual groups with their own agenda want me to do.

This is a WG draft, meaning that the contents are bound by consensus.  If there
is not consensus to support material in the document, I am not sure it
should be included. Generally, I feel that the material should be useful
and of interest to the working group.  I have been asking the WG to consider
several proposals, and if it is of interest to the WG.  Thanks
for trying to work your way through this issue.

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:28:34 +0100

Hi John

Please note that another analysis draft has been proposed
to the WG long ago, the draft: draft-demeer-nsis-analysis-03.txt
See also:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg21225.html
That draft have been written by several NSIS members, not only by the
inventors
of the RMD concept.

During the last WG meeting that we have discussed the "demeer" draft it was
proposed to
co-operate with Jukka on writing the WG analysis draft.
At that time, (and among other issues),  we did not have time to proceed on
this.

Best Regards,
Georgios