Subject: Re: [NSIS] GIMPS state management (was: RE: About GIMPS!) > merged

From: Takako Sanda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:57:15 +0900

Hi Robert, Nary Tra and Attila,

Thank you for answering.

But I still have some confusion. Please let me confirm.

- Does every signaling application message caused by data sending (or
depend on some data flows)?
I thought that FRI contains, for example, IP address of "data sender".
If this understanding is correct,

 "Hancock, Robert" <[email-masked]> wrote:
 > The underlying assumption (in the current version of GIMPS) 
 > is that *every* signalling application message (including a
 > QoS-NSLP QUERY as an example) will contain both the FRI (which
 > has the flow-id N-tuple inside it) and the SID.

means, every signaling application message have to related to some data
flow.
Or, is my understanding incorrect?

- Is QUERY only sent by data sender or receiver.
I thought that QUERY can be sent by any QNE without special request, i.e.
any QNE can send QUERY for just checking available resources within
certain message scoping. In this case, I thought QUERY doesn't need to
carry any flow id or session id (if my first understanding was correct)...

Sorry if I am annoying you with stupid questions.

--Takako

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis