Subject: [NSIS] Analysis draft almost done

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:06:46 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

I have pretty much done all edits for a (final?) version of the Analysis
draft. One thing that I came up was that while going through the list of
references, two clear groups of references were not used currently. I
wonder if anyone could tell me whether some critical information will be
missing if the references are removed. The question is about multicast and
optical UNI networking.

If some, or all, of these references are needed, where should they be 
mentioned, or would there be a need for another paragraph, or two?

The unused references are:

- Multicast:

[Fu02] X. Fu, et al, "Analysis on RSVP Regarding Multicast". Internet
Draft, Work in Progress, October 2002 (draft-fu-rsvp-multicast-
analysis-01.txt).

[RFC2362] D. Estrin, D. Farinacci, A. Helmy, D. Thaler, S. Deering,
M.  Handley, and V. Jacobson, "Protocol Independent Multicast-Sparse
Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification", RFC 2362, June, 1998.

[RN98] B. Rajagopalan and R. Nair. "Multicast Routing with Resource
Reservation". Journal of High Speed Networks, 7(2), pp.  113-139,
July 1998.

- Optical networking:

[OIF-UNI-1.0] Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Implementation
Agreement OIF-UNI-01.0, User Network Interface (UNI) 1.0 Signaling
Specification, Oct. 2001.

[RFC3476] B. Rajagopalan, "Documentation of IANA Assignments for
Label Distribution Protocol (LDP), Resource ReSerVation Protocol
(RSVP), and Resource ReSerVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-
TE) Extensions for Optical UNI Signaling", RFC 3476, March 2003.

I hope to get feedback soon on this issue, so that I can finalize the
draft and submit it.  If I don't get feedback within a few days, I will
just remove all of those references.

Regards,
Jukka

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:28:58 +0300 (EEST)

Thanks. Actually, [OIF-UNI-1.0] was mentioned in the old text, but RFC3476
was not used anywhere. I just wanted to make sure I don't remove anything
usefull.

Regards,
Jukka

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> Jukka, 
> My mistake.
> I should have removed these when doing the GMPLS edits.
> You can strike them. 
> 
> Thanks,
> Adrian 
> 
> PS I assume that if I copied NSIS it would bounce
>