Subject: [NSIS] RFC 3726 on Requirements for Signaling Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:07:41 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3726

        Title:      Requirements for Signaling Protocols
        Author(s):  M. Brunner, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 98020
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3726.txt

This document defines requirements for signaling across different
network environments, such as across administrative and/or technology
domains.  Signaling is mainly considered for Quality of Service (Qos)
such as the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP).  However, in recent
years, several other applications of signaling have been defined.  For
example, signaling for label distribution in Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) or signaling to middleboxes.  To achieve wide
applicability of the requirements, the starting point is a diverse set
of scenarios/use cases concerning various types of networks and
application interactions.  This document presents the assumptions
before listing the requirements.  The requirements are grouped
according to areas such as architecture and design goals, signaling
flows, layering, performance, flexibility, security, and mobility.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:43:48 +0300

Good news!

>         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3726.txt

Thanks to Markus for seeing this through and the rest of the working group
who commented, sent text, etc. for this document.

John

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis