Subject: RE: [NSIS] qos-nslp: NR definition

From: "Cheng Hong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:21:24 +0800

Hi all,

In the terminology definition, the QNI is defined as 
"The first node in the sequence of QNEs that issues a reservation request
for a session" ;
the QNR is defind as "The last node in the sequence of QNEs that receives a
reservation request for a session"

Also in section 5.4.1 RESERVE Message, paragraph 3 on page 49, it states
"RESERVE messge MUST only be sent towards the NR"

But in the section 3.5.3 Basic Receiver Initiated Reservation, it is obvious
that the RESERVE message is sent from the NR, as shown in figure 5.

To have a consistant definition, maybe the QNI should be defined as the QNE
that initiates the QoS NSLP message signaling (instead of referring to
RESERVE message) and QNR should be the QNE that response to the QoS NSLP
message from the QNI.

cheers

Cheng Hong 

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis