Subject: [NSIS] about refresh query

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:14:06 +0100

Dear colleagues, I am implementing the background maintenance support for GIST
now, which needs to send  refresh Query Messages after the Routing State is
installed at the Q-node. The NTLP draft specifies the validality time in the
NLI object, which means that the Query-node or Response-node will remove the
Routing State from its routing table if this node doesn't receive any refresh
Query/Response messages during the validality time period. My question is that:

What is the timeout value I should set for the Timer of sending the refresh
Query message? Obviously, it is not appropriate that the timeout value is set
to the validality time and it seems that the ntlp draft doesn't notice this
issue. Now I set the timeout for the Timer of sending refresh query message as
follows: timeout = min(ValidalityTime of Q-node, ValidalityTime of
R-node)*fraction_factor, ( fraction_factor= 3/4, currently). Any comments are
welcome.

Best Regards

Jia Jia

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis