Subject: [NSIS] Diameter QoS Draft: Issue #11

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:27:54 +0100

Hi all, 

I would like to resolve issue 11 ('Authorization of Query messages'). 

The resolution of this issue depends on the semantic of the query
message. 

Case A: A response to a Query message means that these are the available
resources from a admission control point of view. Whether the user is
actually be allowed to request these resource is not verified 

Case B: Same as Case A but a response to a Query indicates that the user
will actually be authorized to request the indicated resources. 

The authorization decision might take place at different places:

a) QoS aware router
b) Local AAA server
c) User's home AAA server
 
In case of (a) we do not need to add anything to the Diameter QoS draft
itself (but maybe to the QoS NSLP document). 

I wonder what we should write in the Diameter QoS draft in order to
address this issue? Is it likely that AAA interaction will be triggered
for a query message?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis