Subject: [NSIS] Handshake

From: Luís Cordeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:05:31 -0000

Hi all,

I have a last minute dough about the usage of the handshake (query and
response messages) when a NSLP requests GIST to send a message with no
security and no reliability (UDP case).

I see in here two approaches:

1) Because we don’t want reliability and security the message is sent in a
data message and no handshake is needed. (in the receiver GIST the NSLP
payload is directly sent to the NSLP and no states are stored)

2) Before sending the NSLP payload the handshake must be done (query and
response messages) and only after the data massage can be sent. In this case
all data messages received that don’t have any MRS state will result in a
“No Routing State” error message.

Best regards,

Luís Cordeiro

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis