Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: QoS NSLP QSPEC Template
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and is
independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ or
DiffServ.  Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is encapsulated
in a separate object, the QSPEC.  This document defines a template
for the QSPEC, which contains both the QoS description and QSPEC
control information. The QSPEC format is defined, as are a number of
QSPEC parameters.  The QSPEC parameters provide a common language to
be re-used in several QOSMs.  To a certain extent QSPEC parameters
ensure interoperability of QOSMs.  Optional QSPEC parameters aim to
ensure the extensibility of QoS NSLP to other QOSMs in the future.
The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an Initiator QSPEC that
must not be removed, thereby ensuring the intention of the NSIS
initiator is preserved along the signaling path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:16:29 -0500

Hi All,

The updated 'QoS-NSLP QSPEC Template' I-D is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt.

The updates are in response to comments and discussion since IETF-65:

1. rewrote Section 2 (Introduction) for clarity
2. added clarifications on mandatory parameters in Section 4.2; added
discussion of forwarding options when a domain supports a different QOSM
than the QNI
3. expanded Section 4.5 on error code handling, including redefined
E-Flag and editorial changes to the N-Flag and T-Flag discussions
4. made some editorial clarifications in Section 4.6 on defining new
mandatory parameters
5. Section 4.7 added to identify what a QOSM specification document must
include
6. clarified the requirements in Section 5 for defining a new QSPEC
Version
7. made editorial changes to Section 6 (Procedures), and added
procedures for handling preemption
8. removed QOSM ID assignments in Section 9 (IANA Considerations);
clarified procedures for defining new mandatory parameters; added
registry for QOSM error codes

There are no further outstanding changes/comments pending and no open
issues currently identified.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jerry 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group
of the IETF.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:30:34 +0300

Hi all,

Jerry has submitted the QoS NSLP QSPEC Template.  You can find the
announcement & Jerry's comments below.

The WGLC will run until July 7th.  After that, Jerry can summarize all
issues and we will discuss them at the next IETF meeting in Montreal.

thanks,
John 

>From: ext Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: 23 June, 2006 23:16
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS
>Subject: RE: [NSIS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt 
>
>Hi All,
>
>1. rewrote Section 2 (Introduction) for clarity 2. added 
>clarifications on mandatory parameters in Section 4.2; added 
>discussion of forwarding options when a domain supports a 
>different QOSM than the QNI 3. expanded Section 4.5 on error 
>code handling, including redefined E-Flag and editorial 
>changes to the N-Flag and T-Flag discussions 4. made some 
>editorial clarifications in Section 4.6 on defining new 
>mandatory parameters 5. Section 4.7 added to identify what a 
>QOSM specification document must include 6. clarified the 
>requirements in Section 5 for defining a new QSPEC Version 7. 
>made editorial changes to Section 6 (Procedures), and added 
>procedures for handling preemption 8. removed QOSM ID 
>assignments in Section 9 (IANA Considerations); clarified 
>procedures for defining new mandatory parameters; added 
>There are no further outstanding changes/comments pending and 
>no open issues currently identified.
>
>Thanks,
>Regards,
>Jerry 
>
>The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and 
>is independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ 
>or DiffServ.  Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is 
>encapsulated in a separate object, the QSPEC.  This document 
>defines a template for the QSPEC, which contains both the QoS 
>description and QSPEC control information. The QSPEC format is 
>defined, as are a number of QSPEC parameters.  The QSPEC 
>parameters provide a common language to be re-used in several 
>QOSMs.  To a certain extent QSPEC parameters ensure 
>interoperability of QOSMs.  Optional QSPEC parameters aim to 
>The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an Initiator QSPEC 
>that must not be removed, thereby ensuring the intention of 
>the NSIS initiator is preserved along the signaling path.
>