Subject: [NSIS] QOS-over-P2P Overlay Network

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:20:00 -0400

Folks:

While off-path QOS discussions are going on in the NSIS WG list, I am trying
to draw your attention about the above topic as you know P2P networking
schemes are discussed in the following formal and informal IETF WGs:

*	MANET
*	P2P-SIP

In this connection, I am also providing a URL:
http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/papers/overqos-nsdi04.html
<http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/papers/overqos-nsdi04.html> 

The above will provide light how QOS can be enhanced further for the P2P
applications without fully relying on the IP layer. It might an interesting
approach to look a little differently for solving the QOS problems, and NSIS
WG, I think, is the right place to have a start on this. 

The ideas are as follows: 

*	Is it possible to enhance QOS signaling protocols to meet the needs
of the applications with a combination of higher layer and/or IP network
layer (without overly dependent on the IP layer)?
*	If so, can NSIS QOS signaling protocols be used to help all areas:
Higher Layers (Application, Presentation) and IP Networking layer?

Best regards,

Radhika R. Roy

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis