Subject: [NSIS] NATFW Proxy Mode

From: Matthias Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:50:50 +0200

Hi,

I've got a question about the NATFW Proxy Mode (Section 3.7.7.1,
"Proxying for a Data Sender"). It looks like case b) is incomplete:

According to the spec, the NI+ may decide to "teardown the REA-PROXY
sessions", but there is noting said how it should be done. I think the
NI+ can't tear down the REA session because it would loose the reserved
external address. Starting a new non-proxy REA session afterwards
doesn't help because a different external address would be reserved.

I'd suggest to add to the spec that the NI+ should keep the old REA
session alive, but set the proxy bit in the REA messages to zero. The
NF then tears down the CREATE session in the usual way, by sending
CREATE(lifetime==0). What remains are two sessions: The old REA session
and the CREATE session initiated by the DS.

Cheers,
	Matthias

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis