Subject: [NSIS] Session Lifetime processing question [Section 3.4]

From: "Rui Vilão" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:20:57 +0000

I'm from University of Coimbra and I'm currently implementing NATFW version
12.

When processing the session lifetime object in a NF upstream node, after a
successful response from the NR, as described in section 3.4, one of three
things can happen:

- everything is OK, the response message continues to be forward;
- session lifetime is greater than the stored value, generates an error
response message;
- session lifetime is smaller than the acceptable value for the node,
generates an error response message.

What to do when generating such an error response message?

Is the default action of the response message to continue upstream with the
proper error code? In this case what happens to the entities already
signalled? Is the request deleted due to the soft-states or should we send a
specific notify message towards the NR?

Best regards,

Rui Vilão
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis