Subject: [NSIS] NATFW: NATFW_CREDENTIAL vs. AUTH_SESSION object

From: Matthias Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:49:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm wondering what the relationship between the NATFW_CREDENTIAL object
and the AUTH_SESSION object from the new "Authorization for NSIS
Signaling Layer Protocols" draft is. Will the NATFW_CREDENTIAL object
be removed in the next draft revision or is there use for both that I
currently don't see?

According to the IANA considerations section, the AUTH_SESSION object's
ID is taken from the GIST object value space, so this could be the
difference. But on the other hand, that's a contradiction to the last
paragraph of section two:

| This document describes a generic NSLP layer session authorization
| policy object (AUTH_SESSION) used to convey authorization
| information for the request.

Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks,
	Matthias

_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis

---

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:24:53 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

The NAT/FW CREDENTIAL object will disappear in favor of the AUTH_SESSION. 
The AUTH_SESSION draft has misleading info about the object type 
allocation. It will be fixed in a future version of the spec.

Jukka