Subject: [NSIS] PBS NSLP I-D (draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp)

From: Se Gi Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:16:05 -0400

Hi all,

We have submitted PBS NSLP I-D that is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-01.txt

This document describes the NSIS Signaling Layer protocol (NSLP) for 
network traffic authorization in the Internet, the Permission-Based 
Sending (PBS) NSLP. This NSLP aims to prevent Denial-of-Service (DoS) 
attacks and other forms of unauthorized traffic. In the PBS NSLP, a 
receiver grants a sender a permission that gives the sender the 
authority to send data. Signaling installs and maintains the permission 
state of routers for a data flow. The PBS NSLP has a detection 
algorithm, the PBS Detection Algorithm (PDA), that monitors attacks. To 
authenticate packets, the PBS NSLP requests a sender to use an existing 
security protocol, the IPsec Authentication Header (AH). This allows 
routers to drop bogus packets by using an IP packet filter. To avoid a 
compromised router that drops legitimate packets, the PBS NSLP triggers 
the sender to change the data flow path.

Thanks,
SeGi Hong
_______________________________________________
nsis mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nsis