Subject: [ntpwg] updated ntpv4 draft available

From: karen.odonoghue at navy.mil (Odonoghue, Karen F CIV NSWCDD, W13)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:26:59 -0600

Folks,
 
The editing team has produced a new draft based on all the 
comments received to date. It is available in the Internet Drafts 
repository. For some reason, the cross posting of the notice to 
the working group mailing list is not working correctly. I have 
placed the announcement below. 
 
Please review this document and send any comments to the list. 
Based on comments received, we will be proceeding to WG Last Call 
shortly. 
 
Regards,
Karen

*****************

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title	: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Protocol And
Algorithms Specification
	Author(s)	: J. Burbank, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt
	Pages	: 116
	Date	: 2007-1-18
	
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is widely used to synchronize
   computer clocks in the Internet.  This memorandum describes Version 4
   of the NTP (NTPv4), introducing several changes from Version 3 of NTP
   (NTPv3) described in RFC 1305, including the introduction of a
   modified protocol header to accomodate Internet Protocol Version 6.
   NTPv4 also includes optional extensions to the NTPv3
   protocol,including a dynamic server discovery mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt> 

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body
of the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce>
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username 
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type 
"cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt> 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt> 
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt>  

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> 

************************************************************
Karen O'Donoghue
Code B35, NSWCDD, 17320 Dahlgren Rd.
Dahlgren, VA 22448
+1-540-653-1567 (voice)
+1-540-653-8673 (fax)
karen.odonoghue at navy.mil  

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/ntpwg/attachments/20070125/d78c9e06/attachment.html

---

From: stenn at ntp.isc.org (Harlan Stenn)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:46:56 +0000

Hey Karen,

I've put the information you mentioned on http://ntp.isc.org/IETF .

> Based on comments received, we will be proceeding to WG Last Call

At the end of that first sentence, you asked people to send comments "to
the list".

What is this list of which you speak?  I'd like to leave better
instructions for folks who see this on our website.

H

---

From: brian at innovationslab.net (Brian Haberman)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:19:16 -0500

Harlen,
     Comments should be made/discussed on ntpwg at ntp.isc.org (the
official NTP WG mailing list).

Regards,
Brian

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> ntpwg mailing list
> ntpwg at lists.ntp.isc.org
> https://lists.ntp.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: stenn at ntp.isc.org (Harlan Stenn)
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 02:48:04 +0000

Brian,

I've updated http://ntp.isc.org/IETF with the mailing list info.

H