Subject: [ntpwg] building of list of what releases provide what functionality.

From: Todd Glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:11:34 -0700

Folks as an Audit Development Tool one of the people I work with asked 
for a listing of what functionality was added with what releases, and 
while this is in the individual release notes it would be better to have 
a summary document showing what revisions certain controls take place in.

Todd Glassey
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.ntp.org/mailman/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: David Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:32:12 +0000

Todd,

Somebody might compile a NTP3-NTP4 document from the release notes and 
changelogs, but I will not ever volunteer to do that. I have enough 
trouble with the IESG griping about the NTPv4 specification. The 
auditors might consider hiring an intern to do that. Better yet, turn it 
loose on the NTP Forum.

There have been five formal documents about NTP dating back well over 
two decades, the most recent of which was seventeen years ago. If you 
really need a comparison, consider putting out an invitation to bid for 
folks like CSC and SAIC.

Dave

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:18:06 -0400

> a summary document showing what revisions certain controls take place in.

If you are asking about the reference implementation of NTP then this is
the wrong place to ask since this is the IETF Working Group mailing list.

You need to re-ask this in either hackers of questions (or the cptn
newsgroup) for the reference implementation. If for any other
implementation you need to ask in the appropriate forum for that
implementation.

Danny

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.